Hotspot overlap

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
dteowner
Pledge

Hotspot overlap

Post by dteowner »

Killed the constable in the first town. I was standing in the doorway between the kitchen and the bedroom. When he died up and left of me, I got a message that an item was dropped, which I'd love to pick up. Unfortunately, the sconce in the kitchen covers the square where the loot bag should have fallen. I'm not certain there's a bag there, but after many minutes of tinkering I'm solidly convinced that I can't highlight anything except the sconce.

Do I have a problem?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Hotspot overlap

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

dteowner wrote:Do I have a problem?
Only if you're in desperate need of (I think) 80 coins.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Hotspot overlap

Post by Vroqren »

Alright - saw your thread and remembered I had the same problem when I was playing. I remember finding a thread that mentioned it, and I finally found it - It was under the "Needed Bugs and Fixes" Thread, created by IJBall.
IJBALL wrote:Can't highlight Sparrow's & Gammen's (among others'...) 'loot sacks' under certain 'drop' conditions - i.e. when 'loot sacks' drop behind wall-torches, wall-paintings or store-signs, etc. (reported: Fixes for 1.05 thread)

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests