Trainers with viruses

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Ninja Knight
Pledge

Trainers with viruses

Post by Ninja Knight »

I recently had my quicksave deleted due to me quicksaving too much, but luckily I had made a different save but I'm several levels behind and I looked into using a trainer to get super movement. The problem is that all the trainers trigger a virus warning from avg and mcafee. can someone link a clean version with the speedhack.

PS. Can I turn off the trainer with no damage to my save?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Trainers with viruses

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

There are no supported trainers for the Eschalon games. Some fans have made some, but they are use at your own risk. The virus warning may simply be because trainers are programs that alter files outside the normal programming--a key element that virus scans watch out for.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Also a lot of the trainers I've seen around are combined with cracks and other grey-market software, which may in fact be malicious.

On the other hand, a movement accelerator actually sounds like a pretty neat idea. I wonder how that's accomplished.
Orakur
Pledge

Post by Orakur »

Clean and has speedhack :wink:

http://dfiles.eu/files/aiy66iazs
Orakur
Pledge

Post by Orakur »

Clean and has speedhack :wink:

Note: Archive needs kgb archiver software for extract and trainer only works with version 1.05
Attachments
EB2Trainer_fx.rar
(250.85 KiB) Downloaded 656 times
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I didn't test it extensively, but the executable in this archive (and another sub-archive inside it...) gets hits on 30/46 antivirus scanners on Virustotal. Many of these seem to be understandable detections of the Cheat Engine program used to make it, but I still consider it pretty suspicious. I certainly wouldn't run mysterious exes that someone anonymous posted on a message board.
Orakur
Pledge

Post by Orakur »

i downloaded it from gamershell.and my avast not found any suspicion.i think its probably about cheat engine system.Here is original gamershell link: http://www.gamershell.com/download_67750.shtml