downloading newer version

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
kelticpete
Council Member

downloading newer version

Post by kelticpete »

I played eschalon 2 about a year ago. maybe longer.

I still have it installed. I read about the fact that there is more content and I did not see an automatic update.

if I download it the version 1.05 with the game already installed will it need my code again? I am not sure I know where it is on my computer or if I wrote it down on paper.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: downloading newer version

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

You can download the newest version and install it and it will automatically find the registration. Installing the new version doesn't overwrite the preferences where it's stored.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

sweet. now I am trying to remember all the cool stuff I have forgotten (like which abilities to buy at beginning of game and which to get books/training for)

played as a mage with no armor and played as a ranger. thinking of going ranger again.

does the new content just happen in game or is there a new area that is unlocked?
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Some of the new content replaces old content, and one area that used to say "your destiny awaits elsewhere" now lets you go to a whole new fun dungeon.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Also, some new content is player mods not from the company itself. You'll have to read their directions to insert it into your game of Book I and II.

I haven't done the one for Book II yet.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

kelticpete wrote: played as a mage with no armor and played as a ranger. thinking of going ranger again.
Just for a change - have you ever played as a Rogue? It's a lot of fun....