Game crashes

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
rocketriter
Initiate

Game crashes

Post by rocketriter »

I'm in the middle game on an iMac with Snow Leopard. Every 15 minutes or so the game locks up. Music continues to loop but the cursor freezes and the game won't accept keyboard input. I haven't found a key or key combination that will return me to the Finder so I can force quit the game, so I need to force restart the machine instead. Any suggestions?
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Game crashes

Post by IJBall »

rocketriter wrote:I'm in the middle game on an iMac with Snow Leopard. Every 15 minutes or so the game locks up. Music continues to loop but the cursor freezes and the game won't accept keyboard input. I haven't found a key or key combination that will return me to the Finder so I can force quit the game, so I need to force restart the machine instead. Any suggestions?
My only suggestion is to play in 'Windowed' mode - at least in Windowed mode you'll be able to 'Force Quit' the app.

I'd also suggest opening the app (but in Windowed mode), opening a game, immediately saving, quitting, and then Restarting. You never know...
rocketriter
Initiate

Post by rocketriter »

Thanks. Your suggestion should, at least, allow me to keep playing without banging my forehead on my desk. :lol:
craigsumner
Pledge

Post by craigsumner »

I've found that I can force quit a full screen game using command-option-esc.