startup of new character [Beta1.04c]

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

startup of new character [Beta1.04c]

Post by Dragonlady »

downloaded latest version and went to roll up a new character. On the character screen I clicked on a few of the skills and then wanted to go back up to the top listings but when I clicked on the up arrow I got the message box "You still have skill points left...." There was also a green line around the Exit character box. I then clicked 'go back' button and try clicking on up arrow. It would inch up one slot and message box pop up again and again till I got to the top in alphabetical order. Goin down was fine. Problem is going up. Pic below. You can see arrow on the up in skill section, etc.
Attachments
startupMac1.04c.jpg
startupMac1.04c.jpg (64.1 KiB) Viewed 9432 times
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: startup of new character [Beta1.04c]

Post by KillingMoon »

I just tested this and can confirm it's happening - that's on Windows for me.
The slider between the arrows has never worked, to make the niggle worse.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: startup of new character [Beta1.04c]

Post by IJBall »

KillingMoon wrote:I just tested this and can confirm it's happening - that's on Windows for me.
Confirmed - clicking on the 'up' arrow on the Skills list triggers the "Click Here to Exit Character Editor" button. The two are somehow linked. I imagine this issue is across all platforms as well...
KillingMoon wrote:The slider between the arrows has never worked, to make the niggle worse.
This issue goes all the way back to Book I - I'm guessing it's not so easy from a programming standpoint to make the little 'slider boxes' "grabbable" like that or something...

P.S. Did you know that you can open Book II and Book I in 'windowed' mode at the same time? And, if you do, the music tracks from the two games play over each other at the same time?!... :shock: :wink: