Two issues

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Lady_Love
Pledge

Two issues

Post by Lady_Love »

OK. So, a couple of things. I am hoping an admin can help me out here.

I played EBII through already shortly after it was released -- but it was on my PC. My husband bought me a Mac sometime after I got through playing the game and I am no longer using my PC.

Since I played it, the Fathamurk bonus has been released. I would like to play the game again and play this material (since I haven't done it yet), but I want to play it on my Mac.

And, I'm assuming in the new download the Fathamurk stuff is contained in the game download and you don't have to download it separately (right?)

Obviously I never paid for a Mac version. I suppose there is no chance in hell that I could get a Mac version because I already paid for the PC version? Of course, I have totally lost my online receipt and I don't know where I downloaded my PC version from. I think I know what credit card I paid for it with.

Let me know what the best thing for me to do is. If I have to pay for the whole thing again, I probably will :( . Thanks so much for your help.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Two issues

Post by IJBall »

Lady_Love wrote:OK. So, a couple of things. I am hoping an admin can help me out here.

I played EBII through already shortly after it was released -- but it was on my PC. My husband bought me a Mac sometime after I got through playing the game and I am no longer using my PC.

Since I played it, the Fathamurk bonus has been released. I would like to play the game again and play this material (since I haven't done it yet), but I want to play it on my Mac.

And, I'm assuming in the new download the Fathamurk stuff is contained in the game download and you don't have to download it separately (right?)

Obviously I never paid for a Mac version. I suppose there is no chance in hell that I could get a Mac version because I already paid for the PC version? Of course, I have totally lost my online receipt and I don't know where I downloaded my PC version from. I think I know what credit card I paid for it with.
I believe purchasing any version of Book II entitles you to play on any of the three OSs, so just because you bought the PC version doesn't mean you have to play the PC version - you can also play the Mac version.

Basically, I think the Reg code will work for any OS version of Book II.

Now, if you've lost your Reg code, as long as you bought Book II directly from Basilisk Games (i.e. and not from, say, Steam), you should simply E-mail:

info -AT- basiliskgames -DOT- com

and provide as much info as you can in the E-mail. As long as BW can find your purchase info, he'll send along your Reg code again. (Note: Because it's the holidays, I'd allow up to 72 hours for the response from Basilisk Games.)

And, yes - the Fathamurk extension is simply part of the v1.05 game app download.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Also, your registration code is in a config file (eb2.cfg, I believe) in your save game directory on your old computer, if you still have it around.
Lady_Love
Pledge

Post by Lady_Love »

Never mind, I just said something idiotic (**delete**)

Thanks to both of you for your help.