An instablity and a bug in the upgrade of character .

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Cuebramola
Initiate

An instablity and a bug in the upgrade of character .

Post by Cuebramola »

In 1.05 on a Mac I with volume II sometimes get a flickering in random tiles of the grid ( I saw this in volume I also sometimes. I save and quit and start over and it is then good (until it happens again - if it does).

Another bug is I started a new game in Vol II v 1.05 and forgot to enter a name for the character. Every time I go to upgrade up in the game it asks -no demands, that I give him a name but I can't get the place for name to work. It asks a question of which the answer is Yes and if I type Y and escape I can get out of the submenu for upgrading and resume play until the next upgrade .
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: An instablity and a bug in the upgrade of character .

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

We are going to do a fresh compile of the game on Mac very soon. It appears that recent updates to MacOS/Xcode have increased the number of bug reports we've been seeing.

Note that this will just be a recompile of the code to make the game more stable on newer Macs; this will not be a version upgrade with fixes to the game itself.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Cuebramola
Initiate

Re: An instablity and a bug in the upgrade of character .

Post by Cuebramola »

On vol. 1 on a mac i quite often get white tiles in the picture . I quit and start over and it often is ok then but not always.
How do we get a copy of the recompiled game?