ESCHALON TRILOGY - Q&A (SPOILERS)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Re: ESCHALON TRILOGY - Q&A (SPOILERS)

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

This room contains several oddities. Large metallic containers and strange parts litter the floor. There is a tangible energy in this room which makes the hairs on your arm stand up straight. You feel as if you are being watched, and that it is not safe here.
Maggot:

You've done a good job! Getting the machine parts from the ship's hull was no easy task, but you managed to get it done. Our Master will be arriving soon and he will want to inspect the cargo. You must also give him the code for the Mirkland Pass gate. It is 8723. Continue to do well and all of us will be rewarded. Change is coming, brother. The ground shakes and the skies are darkening. When this new world comes to pass, we will be kings!

= Griff =
This is the "special cargo" that you find underneath the Seawarden's Guild. Where was the ship heading to before the captain was influenced and crashed the ship? Is this part of the craft that Malkur says he'll summon if you side with him at the end or is it something else?
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Assuming that Malkur is telling the truth...

Why doesn't he confront Korren and Erubor about the coming cataclysm? He convinced you. Why this elaborate scheme of death and destruction?
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Then why does Karamiklan tell you about the nature of the Orakur and the coming cataclysm? For the lulz?
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Erubor wrote:If he still lives, he would be the oldest living being in all of Eschalon, and his wisdom far exceeds that of anyone I have ever known.
Erubor wrote:Karamiklan doesn't view the future and the past as we do; his mind is so vast that all of time exists at once for him. He will be able to give us guidance that no one else can."
Doesn't sound like someone that could be easily tricked.

Karamiklan did anticipate your arrival and invited Malkur to the party. He should of anticipated Erubor as well and made some attempt at reasoning with him...
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

SpottedShroom wrote:The whole point of the Book III ending is having to make a difficult choice with no definite right answer.
The ambiguity of the ending falls apart the moment you start asking questions. Your character is reduced to a simpleton at the end to maintain this ambiguity which I don't like. Why else would your character only ask Malkur one question? This ending is driving me potty.

I want silverkitty to give us his opinion of the ending.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Malkur says you took the serum to erase your memories so Erubor and Korren wouldn't know you had talked to him. Erubor, Korren and Lilith say you took the serum to erase your memories so Malkur couldn't find you.

If you were going to erase your memories anyway, what was the point in Malkur talking to you?
Anyone?
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

I think Candecium is poisonous, not radioactive. And I don't think the people on the arks would survive the ash and fire.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

The Crux of Ages freed Chancellor Malcolm from Gramuk's influence. Can it do the same against Malkur?

Can I have a confirmation on this please.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Can it do the same against Malkur?".
If you had the Crux of Ages and waved it about Julian, Wendy and Sparrow would it of helped them or is permanent what Malkur did? I always thought one of the reasons why the Crux of Ages was taken to Amireth was so that it wouldn't interfere with what Malkur was doing.
Lilith wrote:"A man named Korren, a man you trusted, sent you to Talushorn on a mission to destroy two of the Crux stones. It was a quest that was meant to stop The One from gaining all four Crux, and while Korren's intentions were initially pure, his plan was misguided. Erubor believes Korren was under the influence of The One, for why would he send you into the house of the enemy with the very object they sought?"
If the Crux of Ages can help and Korren was indeed under the influence he would of said something in the Crux Chamber. If the Crux of Ages can't help then Korren would of attempted to stop you. It is a strange thing for Erubor to say since they both came up with this plan.

If the Crux of Ages can stop Gramuk but not Malkur, there was no need for Gramuk and Malkur could of influenced Chancellor Malcolm instead. The damage was done but why stop with the return of the Crux of Ages to Bastion Spire?
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Erubor wrote:"The hex that has befallen the Chancellor occured because the Crux was removed from Bastion Spire. The Crux grants wisdom to those who are in its presence, and without that protection the Chancellor has had his thoughts twisted upon the lies that Gramuk has fed him."
Erubor wrote:"It offers you the protection that it once offered the Chancellor."
I can't find anything about a person requiring long term exposure to benefit from the Crux of Ages.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Perhaps not a benefit, per se.
Having your mind shielded from the influence of a baby murderer sounds like a benefit to me. The fate of Chancellor Malcolm is not disclosed so we don't know if "Candecium poisoning" had a part to play.

Karamiklan says he kept the Crux of Wisdom underneath a pile of coins to stop him from being poisoned.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Where did my post go? :? It was about killing the Dwarf that becomes Malkur.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I even posted a response.
I'm still interested in your response if you can remember my original question.

And here is my last question. Why did the metallic wand that Malkur used at the end of Book II disappear for? I understand you had to make Korren's death quick and dramatic but I find it bad form that the metallic wand didn't make an appearance in Book III. I even made a topic about it, thinking it was going to play a part. Imagine my disappointment when it didn't.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

BasiliskWrangler wrote:To you, seeing Korren disappear in a flash of light and smoke, you would have assumed "disintegration" but how do you really know?
Ash.
Ending Cinematic wrote:With the wave of a metallic wand, the One releases a fiery beam of energy which strikes Korren in the chest. In an instant, he is reduced to nothing more than a cloud of ash.

The Crux of Ages, which Korren held in his hands, falls to the ground.
Ash is the powdery residue of matter that remains after burning.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Hmmmmm...

So assuming the metallic wand is a teleportation device, where did Korren go? Was he teleported to a great height and killed by the fall?