Back on the series after a long time

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Hexhammer
Apprentice

Back on the series after a long time

Post by Hexhammer »

Hello people! Its been ages since I posted here and ages since I played any of the Eschalon games.

Just finished book 1 & 2 with some mods as I've played through both several times. I've only started book 3 once and never got to finish it, now I think its finally time for that, I think I'll load all the mods which were compatible with each other, I've read the topics here and it seems there's some very good mods made for it.

I've been totally hooked since I played the book 1 for the first time, although I had several years off gaming in general, I never forgot the pure awesomeness these games are. And they didn't disappoint on the second time around either. My problem is that when I play, I get so immersed to it, I tend to forget that there's a actual life to live and then I play like crazy. But I guess its nice change of pace as the winter has been so darn cold and I recently lost my job so I have plenty of time on my hands. And I'm loving it.

I'm trying to not spoil anything as I have only played a bit of the book three so far. Wondering on what kind of build I should try this time around. Book one I played as a ranger with rogue like traits and bit of elemental magic to assist, book two I played as a rogue with ranger like traits and also bit of elemental and I made him a master alchemist as well as I really like that. I was wondering if I should try book three with a rogue who would use stealth and bludgeoning weapons as his mainstay along with a bow. That's something I've never tried before and the bludgeoning weapons feat seems so darn awesome.

Its nice to see that the forums aren't completely dead even after years without a new release from BW. The coming sci-fi RPG sure looks interesting, I hope that project is doing well. :)

Anyway, cool to be around here again! It seems Eschalon isn't ageing at all, the fun factor is still at 110%. :D
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Back on the series after a long time

Post by SpottedShroom »

I'd love to hear your thoughts on my Book III mod if you attempt it. You'll have to be a pure mage or near to it to have all the spells you'll need to get through.
Hexhammer
Apprentice

Post by Hexhammer »

SpottedShroom wrote: March 1st, 2018, 6:32 pm I'd love to hear your thoughts on my Book III mod if you attempt it. You'll have to be a pure mage or near to it to have all the spells you'll need to get through.
Hei Shroom! :D

I sure downloaded Sanctum as it sounds very interesting. Also I have NEVER played through any of the games with a mage or any character whos main thing is magick. I have always been into the warrior types and just recently I started using magick all the way through the game, but without making my character a true master of it. And I've read so many nice things about playing as a mage I should give that a go finally. I have rolled many mage characters, started book 1 & 2 with it, but never played the whole game like that before. :D

I was thinking to keep playing with a similar build as I just finished book two with, but maybe I'll make magick user instead. ;)
Hexhammer
Apprentice

Post by Hexhammer »

I didn't even remember I had a another run two years back. :D Cut short by something no doubt.

But I got the mods loaded... Perhaps the next go on Book III will be a pure bad ass mage guy. :twisted:
Calathon
Marshall

Post by Calathon »

Never had an easier run with a pure mage - and I never had more fun!

Money is no object because you don't need any, as you don't need armour or weapons. The magic will provide you with anything you need. :D
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
Hexhammer
Apprentice

Post by Hexhammer »

Calathon wrote: September 24th, 2020, 6:19 pm Never had an easier run with a pure mage - and I never had more fun!

Money is no object because you don't need any, as you don't need armour or weapons. The magic will provide you with anything you need. :D
If my memory serves me right, I've played halfway through as a mage and it indeed feels like a walk in a park. :D And a lot of fun. Usually I prefer rogue/ranger types and they're often squishy as heck so need quite careful hit and run play style to survive. The very first character I had on Book I back then it came out was a tanky melee guy with a sword and shield. Talk about a learning curve. Took me a good while to get the hang of it.