Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos/Glitches (possible spoilers)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Bugs/Errors/Exploits/Typos/Glitches (possible spoilers)

Post by Vroqren »

SpottedShroom wrote:
Outlandish wrote:Not sure if it's a bug or what, but my perfect condition heavy boots took 995 conditioning damage and fell apart quick traveling from inside the wrecked ship to rockhammer.
That's a bug - it shouldn't be possible to quick travel from inside the ship.
As Spotted Shroom said, you're not supposed to be able to quick-travel out. For the same reason that you can't quick-travel out of dungeons (if I'm correct) - the actual area is build very very far away as far as the game is concerned so that there is plenty of room for the dungeons to expand without running into continents. That's my guess as to why they wore out almost 1000 durability.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Jaymann
Apprentice

Post by Jaymann »

Take your boots off when you quick travel (or run through fire) so they don't get worn/destroyed.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Also take off your pants when wading through lava. :)
Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

Just encountered a paralyzation bug. I had my middle click toggled so I was walking by a swarm, when I got paralyzed, yet could still move about. I could still turn and everything.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Grammar Mistakes/Suggestions #1
[+] SPOILER
Text: Eschalon: Book III (c) 2014 Basilisk Games Games.
Correction/Suggestion: The word "Games" is repeated twice and one should be removed

Text: DESIGN AND PROGRAMING
Correction/Suggestion: Programming is spelt incorrectly

Text: LEAD TESTERS & ADDITION DESIGN
Correction/Suggestion: Should be additional

Text: "Give the Crux stones to me" he demanded.
Correction/Suggestion: He actually says "Give me the two Crux stones." in Book II :wink:

Text: The quest "Name of Quest" has been added To your journal.
Correction/Suggestion: Capitalization not necessary

Location: Window that appears when you want to delete a spell
Text: You can re-learn spell only by reading the appropriate scroll.
Correction/Suggestion: Add the word "this" between re-learn and spell

Text: My friend, you are in the Wylderan Province, near Weeping Mountain in the south parrish. This is not the type of place you just wander in to. We're surounded by swamp and forest...
Correction/Suggestion: Parish and surrounded are spelt incorrectly

Text: ...will happily cut your throat for the few gold coins in your pocket. Do you understand?
Correction/Suggestion: Missing quotation mark

Text: ...but after the fall of Thaermore it has become self-governed by a bunch of bucaneers...
Correction/Suggestion: Buccaneers is spelt incorrectly

Text: Rockhammer is a mining operation, owned by my uncle, Lord Dagonboom. I am the General Manger of the mine...
Correction/Suggestion: Manager is spelt incorrectly

Text: Candencium? What do you know of it?
Correction/Suggestion: Candecium is spelt incorrectly

Text: Candencium is a type of crystal.

Text: Supposedly the Dwarf Lord of Durnore had an enormous Candencium crystal called the...

Text: There are three main Dwarf clans of the Northern Expanse: the Dagenbooms, the Brumbletons and the Graerstones.
Correction/Suggestion: Brumbeltons is spelt incorrectly

Text: So here I have been, for the past 26 years
Correction/Suggestion: Should be twenty six

Location: Quest description for "Exterminator, At Your Service"
Text: You have agreed to enter the Rockhammer Mine and find the Matron roach near the winch room. Kill her and all her offspring, then report back to Morewen in Rockhammer.
Correction/Suggestion: I would mention the eggs in this quest description

Text: You see a old sign, obscured by weeds and...
Correction/Suggestion: Should be an

Text: ...and all the Dwarves come in to clean me out of food and drink.
Correction/Suggestion: Missing quotation mark

Text: Is Rockhammer is the only bit of civilization in all of Wylderan?
Correction/Suggestion: Remove word

Text: He owes me 300 gold and he seems...
Correction/Suggestion: Should be three hundred

Text: Logi, the Dwarven foreman of the Rockhammer mine, owes the local tavern owner 300 gold pieces.
Correction/Suggestion: Mine should be capitalized and it should be three hundred

Location: Inside Arima's building when clicking on one of the metal bins
Text: Inside this bin are chucks of iron slag.
Correction/Suggestion: Should be chunks

Location: Inside Arima's building when clicking on one of the metal bins
Text: Inside this bin are metal fragements, mostly iron and copper
Correction/Suggestion: Fragments is spelt incorrectly

Text: It is likely because Weeping Mountain is full of candecium, a crystal which radiates...
Correction/Suggestion: Capitalize Candecium whenever it is mentioned by Arima for consistency with Morwen's dialogue
I think I may have found one that you never have Prismatic!
Text: Emayu are a long forgotten people of the province of Wylderan, their lineage traced back to the earliest known civilizations of Eschalon. With the arrival of miners and profiteers from the mainland to Wylderlan
Correction/Suggestion: Change to Wylderan as it is listed everywhere else in the game.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

On the spell Dazzling Flame:
  • I cast a Level 6 Dazzling Flame spell on a Moonrise Guard. Twice. Both times the Narrative Text said that the Guard "failed" against the spell and was "Fleeing in terror!" Yet, both times, the Guard did not move from his spot. (Some "terror"!!... :? )
  • Meanwhile, I cast Level 6 Dazzling Flame spells on a couple of Moonrise NPCs, and again both "failed" against the spell, and these NPCs did run away from me. But, here's the weird part: I could still trigger their "Dialogues" even when they were fleeing in terror!! That probably needs to be changed - you shouldn't be able to "trigger" NPC dialogues when they are in a "terrified" state...
Edit: One other thing - I was definitely successfully Foraging for food in Rockhammer Mine (Level 1 for sure; I'm not sure about Level 2...), despite the fact that BW has said elsewhere that you shouldn't really be able to Forage successfully in "dungeons". I'm guessing it's because Rockhammer Mine's "terrain" is considered by the Book III game app to be "sand"-type(?)... If so, this should probably be changed so whatever "terrain"-type is used in Rockhammer is viewed as "stone" and not "sand"...

Also, I have been finding some typos in the various spell descriptions, but I think I'll start a separate thread for typos soon, so people like me and Prismatic Maelstrom will have a specific place to go to air out our spelling and grammar grievances!! :evil: :mrgreen:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

IJBall wrote:On the spell Dazzling Flame:
  • I cast a Level 6 Dazzling Flame spell on a Moonrise Guard. Twice. Both times the Narrative Text said that the Guard "failed" against the spell and was "Fleeing in terror!" Yet, both times, the Guard did not move from his spot. (Some "terror"!!... :? )
  • Meanwhile, I cast Level 6 Dazzling Flame spells on a couple of Moonrise NPCs, and again both "failed" against the spell, and these NPCs did run away from me. But, here's the weird part: I could still trigger their "Dialogues" even when they were fleeing in terror!! That probably needs to be changed - you shouldn't be able to "trigger" NPC dialogues when they are in a "terrified" state...
Edit: One other thing - I was definitely successfully Foraging for food in Rockhammer Mine (Level 1 for sure; I'm not sure about Level 2...), despite the fact that BW has said elsewhere that you shouldn't really be able to Forage successfully in "dungeons". I'm guessing it's because Rockhammer Mine's "terrain" is considered by the Book III game app to be "sand"-type(?)... If so, this should probably be changed so whatever "terrain"-type is used in Rockhammer is viewed as "stone" and not "sand"...

Also, I have been finding some typos in the various spell descriptions, but I think I'll start a separate thread for typos soon, so people like me and Prismatic Maelstrom will have a specific place to go to air out our spelling and grammar grievances!! :evil: :mrgreen:
You can definitely forage food in Rockhammer Mine level 1 and in the Akadai underground, though I suppose the latter makes a little more sense.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Oldhunter
Initiate

Post by Oldhunter »

How about the game suddenly can't read the file where the quick save is stored. Has happened to me three times now. Or maybe it's my Windows Vista??? A quick restart fixes the problem.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

This isn't a "bug" per se, but I think the Scroll for the Haste Spell should be priced higher than it is (currently 400 GP). Even Orge Strength's Scroll is priced at 500 GP. I think Haste's should either be also priced at 500 GP, or should possibly even be priced at 600 GP - there are few spells in the game as powerful as Haste, so its Scroll should be priced accordingly...

YMMV.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:I'll have another big list in a couple of days.
PM, let's start up a separate thread for just typos at that time - I'm afraid the typos entries in this thread are going to be lost in the shuffle.

Probably better to have a "dedicated" typo & grammar thread, IMO.

(And I'll definitely have some entries for that thread, in the spell descriptions I'm going over right now... :twisted: :wink: )
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Just start the threead IJBall when your're ready. :wink:
Might be better if you start it off - I'm not quite ready with the Spell description typos yet... :oops: :wink:
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I was thinking about starting one myself, but didn't want to step on anybody's toes. So I'll do it now, and eagerly await your contributions.

Edit: I think I misunderstood. I'm going to start a bug summary thread, one of you make a grammar/spelling thread :)
Bob the Thief
Apprentice

Post by Bob the Thief »

I was in the Wizardtorium which appears to be underground. However, it was raining out and I could see the rain fall effect and the lightning effect while inside.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Bob the Thief wrote:I was in the Wizardtorium which appears to be underground. However, it was raining out and I could see the rain fall effect and the lightning effect while inside.
I think this is because the "outside" flag is set per-map. The Wizardtorium is on the same map as Oceana Lowlands, so the whole thing is outside. It's like how you continue to see the weather effects if you go inside a building on an outdoors map.
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

annoying bug/glitch

using an archer who has a bow +fire damage.

shoots arrow doing xx damage, then the +fire kills it. the trouble is the kill is recorded as a NON bow kill since the +01 or 2 (max on any bow I've seen is 4) does the killing despite having done 28 or so physical damage.

Makes achieving the true archer challenge very difficult
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.