Any chance of an official expansion?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
sapientCrow
Steward

Any chance of an official expansion?

Post by sapientCrow »

I finished Book 3 and was wondering if there were any plans for a large expansion for it?
sapientCrow
Steward

Re: Any chance of an official expansion?

Post by sapientCrow »

bummah!
it generally felt so short. I look forward to the next game then.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Keep your fingers crossed for better mod support. MyGameCompany just wrote a stupendous Book II mod that compares favorably with the original content, but without better mod support, it can't have real NPCs, quests, etc.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Wow, thanks for the nice plug, SpottedShroom! It isn't quite finished yet, but it is quite playable and you can finish it. I should make some decent progress on it this weekend while the wife is out of town.

Regarding the original question, there are several nice Book III mods that extend the gameplay a bit. Besides the two that I made, there are the Rockhammer Small Dungeons, Alchemist's Tower, and Sanctum mods. If I remember right, I think they all touch different maps, and if so, then in theory they could all be installed simultaneously, which would make for a bigger game world to explore.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

MyGameCompany wrote:Regarding the original question, there are several nice Book III mods that extend the gameplay a bit. Besides the two that I made, there are the Rockhammer Small Dungeons, Alchemist's Tower, and Sanctum mods. If I remember right, I think they all touch different maps, and if so, then in theory they could all be installed simultaneously, which would make for a bigger game world to explore.
I haven't gotten to any of those yet, so I may give what you suggest - playing them all at once! - a shot when I have some time...
sapientCrow
Steward

Post by sapientCrow »

I am checking all those out on my second run through of book 3.
Looking forward to better mod support for npcs and quests too. Now that would be awesome mode!
Mods and Indies are the only thing that keep me playing games for the most part!
thanks for the tools and the mods and the support and thanks for this awesome indie title Eschalon!
swcarter
Initiate

Post by swcarter »

Ghost Isle was just a Pac Man easter egg (the island looked like a Pac Man ghost). I always figured the expansion would be for Fandugan.
Useful information about Book I, Book II, and Book III can be found at GameBanshee.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:There are also regions left intentionally missing (Fandugan, West Mirkland) that are meant to be areas that modders can fill.
Could have been the third level of Rockhammer Mine?
That's possible, and given Troy's excellent handling of that setting himself, it's perfectly logical for BW to have said, "I don't need to do that, now." :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.