Questions without FAQ answers

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
lordhoff
Apprentice

Questions without FAQ answers

Post by lordhoff »

1. Moonrise grave yard: "your lucky number is 4 9 17 22 25 35 36" - does it mean anything? It doesn't seem to affect a dice game with Lucky as far as I can tell.

2. Is Capt Morgan formerly of the Thaormore Guard an inside joke? Somebody the writers know?

3. Chest in the Druid witch's (Baisil?) lab - can it be gotten to? Don't notice any cracked stones in the wall.

4. Any point in the fused kegs that appear (other then to make you run? :) ) on transporters?

5. Any use other the getting cash for selling it for the branch of the grandfather tree?

6. Other then the deranged prisoner (the ship captain?) is there any point to the prison under old and new Moonrise?

7. Dead end in Astral Range with three skeletons - can the rock be blasted thru with enough kegs (it's black)?

8. In the temple (Orikur?) there is a switch behind a large lava pool that I assume needs to be thrown but doing so deletes the path to it - is there a better way to get back then lava running?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Questions without FAQ answers

Post by Randomizer »

1. They look like lottery game numbers.

2. Captain Morgan is a repeating NPC in all three games.

3. There is a window where you can fire a missile weapon/spell at a lever to open a portcullis to the chest.

4. I think that's it.

5. It was supposed to be used to make an item, but was left for modders.

6. The is loot in the central prison cell if you leave a route out of the cells area and bother the guardian monster.

7. There is a spot as a short cut you can make.

8. Not that I have seen. :)
lordhoff
Apprentice

Post by lordhoff »

Randomizer wrote:

Exactly; seems to me like the sort of thing writers do as a joke to poke fun at someone.

3. There is a window where you can fire a missile weapon/spell at a lever to open a portcullis to the chest.

I'll have to look around again; didn't see anything at all. Didn't notice any side rooms other thn the grandfather tree root pool and the room with the sacred root water pump.

5. It was supposed to be used to make an item, but was left for modders.

--- a bow comes to mind

6. The is loot in the central prison cell if you leave a route out of the cells area and bother the guardian monster.

Are we talking the same place? The guardian monster is in the (gydamore?) repository. At least I didn't see any in the prison.

7. There is a spot as a short cut you can make.

Interesting; I thought I was making a short cut to the south of Rockhammer (where crazy Bernard (?) makes his fused kegs) and found a secret place instead. This one's an actual short cut. Cool.

)
Hey, thanks for all the answers!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

lordhoff wrote: 8. In the temple (Orikur?) there is a switch behind a large lava pool that I assume needs to be thrown but doing so deletes the path to it - is there a better way to get back then lava running?
The easiest way to deal with this puzzle is to flip the near switch, walk over to the far switch, flip it, then use a projectile or spell to flip the near switch again. You could also use a powder keg, or the Element Armor spell, or the Portal spell, or just suck it up and take the damage.
lordhoff
Apprentice

Post by lordhoff »

Sometimes I have to laugh - so obvious but so unseen. Thanks.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

lordhoff wrote:
Randomizer wrote:

Exactly; seems to me like the sort of thing writers do as a joke to poke fun at someone.
Um...Captain Morgan is a drunk. Probably likes his rum a lot. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Morgan
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
lordhoff
Apprentice

Post by lordhoff »

Sot of noticed that :) - as I said, the very sort of character writers use to poke fun at someone.
lordhoff
Apprentice

Post by lordhoff »

Randomizer wrote:1. They look like lottery game numbers.

Related - I thought I knew this but was wrong - what does turning the head stone actually do?

OK, I had "cats eyes" activated and seen a lever in the void. Didn't see a window but I was looking elsewhere. I think I now understand what you meant.

4. I think that's it.

Found another use but only in the witch's dungeon - pull the lever and the skeleton warriors go boom with good timing! (eventually)

Something to do with the (what I thought was) an unopenable door and the transporter hex within? How does the monster get involved (or is there another one or does one bother the monster to get inside?)
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

1. Turning the headstone is an alternate way of opening a secret door in the temple.

6. The monster guarding the repository can under certain circumstances send you to the center prison cell where another monster can kill you if you don't kill it first. However if you haven't prepared to exit the prison area you can get trapped there by the pair of portcullis gates.
lordhoff
Apprentice

Post by lordhoff »

Ah ha! Thanks.
lordhoff
Apprentice

Post by lordhoff »

One last thing: it was stated that all the goblins were killed once they were of no further use. There seem to be a bunch still working for "the One". ??????????
lordhoff
Apprentice

Post by lordhoff »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:I think it was just the remaining Goblins in the Barrens of Crakamir that were slaughtered by the Taurax. Most likely they live in other continents, probably Barrea. Why Malkur has them killed really makes no sense, especially when they have proven to be effective. He really is a terrible schemer.
Maybe too close to the crux stones and the dust affected his judgement :)