Many thanks to the developers of this game! ^_^

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Panik
Pledge

Many thanks to the developers of this game! ^_^

Post by Panik »

I literally created this account to express my gratitude to everyone involved in the making of this game.
I was in search for a game like this for a long time and I've had such a great time since I found it!
I am the kind of person that is not too keen on spending money on games lately.
I've had steam for nearly a year and I've only been playing free games, which usually end up just having daily restrictions or being "parodies" of classic games. I was very lucky to find this gem on steam for free and I loved it so much, I wanted more, so for the first time I BOUGHT a game on steam: Eschalon Book II (which I still haven't finished).
I will not say these games are without their flaws, in fact I sent 2 screenshots, with typos I found, to Basilisk's facebook page (I don't know if this helped in any way, but I like to try and help game devs whenever I can).
I was also surprised to see Kevin Macleod in the audio credits, that guy is legend.

So, big THANKS to you all. ^_^
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Many thanks to the developers of this game! ^_^

Post by SpottedShroom »

Glad you enjoyed it! Book II is significantly longer than Book I, so I'm not surprised you're still working through it. The popular opinion is that Book III is the shortest, but it has the most fan-made expansions.

People have been typo-hunting on here for years, but I'm not surprised there are still some that slipped through.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Thank you. It means a LOT to hear that people are still playing and enjoying Eschalon.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Panik
Pledge

Post by Panik »

I completed Book II last night :)
Did NOT expect the Orakur twist XD
Great sequel, with its own pros and cons.
SpottedShroom wrote: April 28th, 2017, 3:44 pm People have been typo-hunting on here for years, but I'm not surprised there are still some that slipped through.
Do you know if it's helpful to send these to the staff, or am I wasting their time?
I mean, if there are no plans to ever patch these, maybe I shouldn't annoy them. =/
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Panik wrote: April 29th, 2017, 11:34 am Do you know if it's helpful to send these to the staff, or am I wasting their time?
I mean, if there are no plans to ever patch these, maybe I shouldn't annoy them. =/
At this point we have no plans to update the Eschalon games anymore, even if they become incompatible with modern hardware.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: April 29th, 2017, 3:05 pm At this point we have no plans to update the Eschalon games anymore, even if they become incompatible with modern hardware.
One more reason to release the source! /deadhorse
Solberg
Initiate

Post by Solberg »

Nice game, i have started my character more than 5 times, but now i finally know how to play the class i wanted which is mage!!

I really think this is a great game, i downloaded it from gog for free but i will buy directly from here book 2 and 3, it is worth it!!
Warren1965
Initiate

Post by Warren1965 »

I also want to thank the team at Basilisk Games. I am not sure how long I have been playing all three books but Digital River is no longer around and that is where I got book 1 so it has been awhile. I think the thing I like best about them is you can set your own level of difficulty. Not by a setting but choices you make during the game. Following any number of the how to threads and you can make a character that can breeze along quite handily through the game but you can choose not to follow the best choice strategy and still win the game with a little more challenge. Even better if you are being all high minded and noble and start with the "I won't save/load chests" and you fall afoul of the paranoid delusion that the game is lying about your chances to hit in a battle and you fling the lid back on your hard won treasure and it is some pocket change, a string and a stick you can go right ahead and show the silicon fiend what fore the next couple of chests. When sanity returns you can glance around guiltily and slink back onto the high road. Or if you decide to never increase skills or stats by more than one during level up and you find that isn't working in a level or two you can fix being really lame or just gut it out instead.

Also I would like to compliment the quests in Book 1. Maybe it is just me but overall you are doing tasks that do not have a happy ending or for not very nice people which sets the tone for the trilogy nicely imo, Thaermore is doomed and you get a sense of inevitability as you quest through Book 1. Unrelated it is probably a function of my character level and the order I do the quests but I like that Aridell's shops start selling better stuff after I do the slime quest for the Boatman. At least one happy ending for my poor paladin who otherwise pretty much crushes hope (Mary) or gets used by unpleasant people (Lilith).