BOOK I COMPLETE SPELL LIST (Possible Spoilers)

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Bauxtehude
Pledge

Re: COMPLETE SPELL LIST (Possible Spoilers)

Post by Bauxtehude »

Does Bless effect spell damage as well as weapon damage?

Thanks

P.S. great game by the way.
Smoke131
Initiate

Re: BOOK I COMPLETE SPELL LIST (Possible Spoilers)

Post by Smoke131 »

Does anyone know the minimum intelligence needed for reading the highest elemental spells?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Smoke131 wrote:Does anyone know the minimum intelligence needed for reading the highest elemental spells?
I believe a Mage (or whatever) needs an INT=20 to read Tier 3 spells - you then need Elemental at Level 18? or 23?( I think...) to cast Tier 3 spells at Level 1; and an INT=33, and Elemental at Level 33, to cast Tier 3 spells at Level 6.

(Incidentally, the same would be true for Wisdom with Tier 3 Divination spells...)
Smoke131
Initiate

Post by Smoke131 »

Thanks a ton.
Minttunator
Initiate

Post by Minttunator »

IJBall wrote:I believe a Mage (or whatever) needs an INT=20 to read Tier 3 spells - you then need Elemental at Level 18? or 23?( I think...) to cast Tier 3 spells at Level 1; and an INT=33, and Elemental at Level 33, to cast Tier 3 spells at Level 6.

(Incidentally, the same would be true for Wisdom with Tier 3 Divination spells...)
Hello,

I just tested this: you need INT/WIS 20 to read tier 3 elemental/divine spells, this is true. However, you do not need int/wis to cast them - you only need the magick skill itself at 11 to cast tier 3 spells at level 1 and 31 to cast T3L6 spells.
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Drixx »

Minttunator wrote:
IJBall wrote:I believe a Mage (or whatever) needs an INT=20 to read Tier 3 spells - you then need Elemental at Level 18? or 23?( I think...) to cast Tier 3 spells at Level 1; and an INT=33, and Elemental at Level 33, to cast Tier 3 spells at Level 6.

Hello,

I just tested this: you need INT/WIS 20 to read tier 3 elemental/divine spells, this is true. However, you do not need int/wis to cast them - you only need the magick skill itself at 11 to cast tier 3 spells at level 1 and 31 to cast T3L6 spells.
Good catch. That would making an ele/div caster much easier to build :)
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Minttunator wrote:

Hello,

Yeah, I don't know how I got that into my head! Nor do I know how I got it in my head that you need Level 33 instead of Level 31 to cast Tier 3 spells at Level 6!

As someone else said, it actually makes building a magic-using character (either kind) somewhat easier.

(Though, that said, I usually still try to take spellcasters to PER=40, so it's still no 'walk in the park'! :wink: )
DewiMorgan
Initiate

Post by DewiMorgan »

It's kinda obvious, probably: but "Dehex"'s description ("Removes any curses or hexes that may be plaguing the caster.") is perhaps a little misleading, in that it doesn't remove *any* curses: only those at or below the level at which it's cast.

The descriptions of Cure Disease and Detox make this clearer.