Portal In Bordertown

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Portal In Bordertown

Post by Dr. G »

There is a portal in Bordertown, to the east of the town, and to the south of the well, there is room (which seems to be form the priest in Aridell) and there is a ladder that leads to a Strange Basement, where you find a portal that is not working, and an alembric, I have tried to put many thing on it but did not get it to work, I remember i read something about it on the letter the sick man sends to the captian on Darkfor.... but I don't remember that so if anybody has a poninter please.....
Stalfos
Apprentice

Re: Portal In Bordertown

Post by Stalfos »

SPOILER!!

The original message is:
Inciminating letter wrote:Michael, priest man of Aridell:

You do well and Goblin Lords be pleased. Portal looks to be nearly complete. For final step you must place Ectoplasm and Mercury in the alembic, which should contain the other two components allready. This will activate the portal circuit.

I await your success.

-Gramuk
I have not found the portal any uses, yet...
Hyrkali
Freelance Web Developer @ NickoLabs
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

No uses, Stalfos? It takes you to a set of three extremely useful portals... you've just activated one, another won't work 'till you've activated it from the other end and the third is the activation end for another very useful link.

AIR you actually have to put all four ingredients in the alembics; it's just that the letter writer assumes you've already placed the first two.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

acoustibop wrote:AIR you actually have to put all four ingredients in the alembics; it's just that the letter writer assumes you've already placed the first two.
In fact, two of the ingredients are already in the alembic when you get there.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

Ah, well. I think you'll agree it's a very useful portal, though, Kreador! ;)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

acoustibop wrote:Ah, well. I think you'll agree it's a very useful portal, though, Kreador! ;)
Probably because it's just the way I am, I've never actually bothered to activate the Bordertown portal. I just use the one between Blackwater and Vela, and quick travel from there. That third one, though, can be very useful. :)
---

Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dr. G »

Thank you very much everybody :D
LuvizBlind
Initiate

Post by LuvizBlind »

Hmm. I've already been to the Priest's house awhile back. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I took the two ingredients that were in there out of there. I also copped the letter. And even though I don't know really what you guys are talking about yet, I'm sure I'll want to know eventually. On that note, does someone remember what those two ingredients were? The ones that were already there? I have kept a lot of alchemy ingredients, and I've also sold some, but I don't remember which two I took from the cellar at the Priest's house.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Luvizblind,

If you have the two letters for Father Michael, you have the list of ingredients for the alembic.
---

Stalfos
Apprentice

Post by Stalfos »

Fact is, I did put the ingredients there, but it didn't activate anything, even if I go to the house with the three useful portal (they are indeed useful)... So I thought it might just lead somewhere else...
Hyrkali
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

I just put all four in. That worked.
Stalfos
Apprentice

Post by Stalfos »

Culmination wrote:Bromine and Ambergris are already in the alembic. You need to add Ectoplasm and Mercury to get the portal operational. Can anyone else confirm this?
Ambergris, Bromine, Ectoplasm and Mercury are needed to activate the portal.

I actually though that the letter "Portal Instructions" was the one the sick man gave to the priest... So, when I got to the portal, I took away the Bromine and Ambergris, thinking the priest added THOSE, following the misleading letter the sick man sent him. (Hopefully I'm clear... :lol: )

Anyway, you DO need those four elements to activate the portal. Note this: upon activation, the four elements are used and disapear into a tube, in the floor. That tells you it worked. ^^
Hyrkali
LuvizBlind
Initiate

Post by LuvizBlind »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Luvizblind,

If you have the two letters for Father Michael, you have the list of ingredients for the alembic.
Oh, Okay. I thought the one letter was the fake one that the diseased guy made for the Priest. Thanks! :)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

If you notice when you get to Father Michael's lab, there are four items in the alembic. The implication, I thought, was that those oddballs were the two items the sick man put into the fake letter.
---

Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dr. G »

Well what I did, was that I went, there were the two ingridients, and there was a skull, and dried fish (probably did not have anything to do with it) I put ectoplasm, and mercury, and everything just dissapeared, and the portal was active. :D