help please!! Brother gone in Vela.

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
mehlev
Initiate

help please!! Brother gone in Vela.

Post by mehlev »

Hi! I need some help...I just got rid of everything moving in Vela, finally went to the torture room and on the bottom in the text box it said something like "you see a man chained to the wall" ..... and then that's it. There's no one to talk to, nothing else to click in the room and "find your brother in Vela" is still in my objective list. Is there any way to fix the glitch w/o losing my progress? Thanks!!!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: help please!! Brother gone in Vela.

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Was there nobody chained to the rack in the northwest corner of the torture room?

If not, you can still continue the quest without talking to the brother by skipping forward to Shadowmirk, I believe. Him being dead doesn't break the chain completely. It just means you have to skip that link.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Auron
Initiate

Post by Auron »

that's odd =\ you should find a man tied up to one of the crosses NW of the room.. No harm, your "brother" would end up dead anyway. He would tell you to go to Shadowmirk and talk to the Master mage (who's name I cannot remember right now =S ). So, go to Shadowmirk and make your way to the top =P good luck there =P
~ Only those who try will become ~
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

You can inadventently kill your brother. If a bomb thug or creature carrying explosives is accidently killed near your brother, he gets killed. Fortunately, it will not break the chain and make the game unwinnable. Just head to Shadowmirk like the previous posters said. Your brother would have given you more information about the quest and what is happening. But the headman at Shadowmirk can help.
History is written by the winners!
mehlev
Initiate

Post by mehlev »

I went to Shadowmirk to the top wizard, the guy in level three wearing pink and there are no new choices regarding the bro mission...all it says is "I am here exploring" "tell me about the war" and "I got to go" . I don't know what to do, I don't think I can bypass the glitch.
Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dr. G »

I posted a similar note before, where a gobblin archer killed my brother, (yes altough some people probably did not believe it) the archer shot trough a window (yes it can be done, and you can do it too). Well what happened is that I went straight to shadowmirck and spoke with the mage (don't remember his name either) but the missions were available for me.... Are you holding you Crux of Ages???.

The only problem about not finding your brother and watching him die is that you loose 1000 ep, and that hurts as much as the other one....
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

mehlev wrote:I went to Shadowmirk to the top wizard, the guy in level three wearing pink and there are no new choices regarding the bro mission...all it says is "I am here exploring" "tell me about the war" and "I got to go" . I don't know what to do, I don't think I can bypass the glitch.
Ask him about the war.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.