Complete Equippable Item List

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Re: Complete Equippable Item List

Post by dare49devil »

Thanks LJ I guess. Haha. Okay, so I fixed some things, finished the Spell List I believe, threw in some editing, and there it is!

Still debating on the misc section...dunno yet.

Enjoy.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

dare49devil wrote:kay, so I fixed some things, finished the Spell List I believe, threw in some editing, and there it is!
Cool. Thanks for the Spell casting formula! I've always been vaguely aware how that works, but I admit I never sat down and figured out the details - your putting hard numbers to the formulas should help a lot! :)

If I have one suggestion, it's that you add the INT/WIS formula for spell casting in, if you can figure it out! (I'm still semi-stumped!)

For example - if it takes INT/WIS=20 to cast a Tier Three Spell at Level 1, and it takes INT/WIS=33 to cast a Tier 3 Spell at Level 6, then the INT/WIS formula for casting Tier Three Spells must be something like:

INT/WIS = 20 + 6(2.167) = 33
(or, maybe, INT/WIS = 20 + 1 + 2(6)...)

?!...

Or something like that.

I'm guessing the Tier 1 & 2 INT/WIS spell casting formulas would be similar, but with a smaller 'multiplier' factor(?!).

Anyway, just a suggestion. :mrgreen:
Minttunator
Initiate

Post by Minttunator »

IJBall wrote:If I have one suggestion, it's that you add the INT/WIS formula for spell casting in, if you can figure it out! (I'm still semi-stumped!)

For example - if it takes INT/WIS=20 to cast a Tier Three Spell at Level 1, and it takes INT/WIS=33 to cast a Tier 3 Spell at Level 6, then the INT/WIS formula for casting Tier Three Spells must be something like:

INT/WIS = 20 + 6(2.167) = 33
(or, maybe, INT/WIS = 20 + 1 + 2(6)...)
Hello,

I just tested this: you need INT/WIS only to READ elemental/divine spells. However, you do not need int/wis to cast them - you only need the magick skill itself (means you can remove your int/wis enhancing items and still be able to cast). The OP's table is correct, in that it takes INT/WIS=20 and ele/div=11 to LEARN a Tier 3 spell. It then only takes ele/div=11 to CAST it at level 1, this increases by +4 (the y: in the table) for each level (up to a 31 of skill needed to cast Tier 3 spells at level 6).
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

Minttunator wrote:I just tested this: you need INT/WIS only to READ elemental/divine spells. However, you do not need int/wis to cast them - you only need the magick skill itself (means you can remove your int/wis enhancing items and still be able to cast). The OP's table is correct, in that it takes INT/WIS=20 and ele/div=11 to LEARN a Tier 3 spell. It then only takes ele/div=11 to CAST it at level 1, this increases by +4 (the y: in the table) for each level (up to a 31 of skill needed to cast Tier 3 spells at level 6).
-Welcome Minttunator to the forums. Nice to see new faces! And you are correct.

-Therefore, if you want to save attribute points, the least intelligence you need is, I believe, is 10. When you want to learn a new spell, equip: 2xScholar's Rings and 1xThinking Cap, and that will give +10 Intelligence + 10 base = 20 Intel.

-With Wisdom, the least needed would be 14 and then equip: 2xRing of the Wise and Priest's Cloak which would give +6 along with + 14 base gives = 20 Wisdom.

-Then just put whatever items back on that you normally use when you play the game.

-Though, you might put points in intelligence and wisdom anyway for:
  • Intelligence augments Element Resistance and his ability to identify unknown items. For Magick Users, Intelligence contributes to the amount of Mana Point gains every level.
    Wisdom augments Disease Resistance. Wisdom is also the only attribute that can protect your character against Cursings. For Healers, Wisdom contributes to the amount of Mana Point gains every level.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Just wanted to say both Minttunator and dare49devil do seem to be correct about the INT/WIS issue. (See also discussion here.)

Thanks for all of your work on this, guys! :)

Oh, and to dare49devil's point, there is one other reason to put points into INT (not sure about WIS...):

- It adds to the number of MPs you start with, and the number of MPs you get on every level-up. (It only helps about half as much as points in PER does, but it does help...)
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

Alright, so I just made a new character and gonna run through with him. With that I am going to start making that MISC. list.

Some information you can look forward to seeing are things like:

Skill Books.

And random items such as Widget, Salt, Spices with their details and such.

Also, some key quest items such as keys, notes, etc.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Just a quick glance through the listing and didn't see this:

I just found these in the drawer in the inn in Aridill! :)

(3) Stone +1
Thrown Weapon
Base Damage: 1
+1 damage
Weight: 0.2 lbs
Value: 101

Never seen + stones before. :mrgreen:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Damiarch
Initiate

Post by Damiarch »

+1 and +2 modifiers I have seen pop up on various weapons and armor.
Weapon with +1 adds 1 to damage dealt(no to hit bonus)and +100 gold value.
Weapon with +2 adds 2 to damage dealt and +300 gold value.
Yes,this is handy for melee/caster hybrids.
Armor with +1 adds to AR and a gold value increase(I don't remember how much)

Might want to just list possible modifiers instead of each item in its various state.
I have not encountered any items with multiple modifiers.It seems to be either a negative or positive modifier or a skill/stat modifier.
Rings amulets and whatnot play by other rules and I haven't found enough to know if there are any special ones about.

~John
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

Damiarch wrote:Might want to just list possible modifiers instead of each item in its various state.
~John
-I was thinking about going for something of that sort...Also with how much Lore is needed to ID an item...But I figured that would be too extensive. Also, the +1, +2, +3 modifiers for +damage or +armor rating can be added by the player themselves. So, really, it would be better to find an 'un-enchanted' item first, and then imbue it was +3, which is max a player can do. (actually, if you really wanna get REALLY technically, there are +4's that exist that a player CANNOT do, though I've only found three or so items like that)

*EDIT*
-I just started recently working on that MISC. list again...Kinda got hooked on TF2 and L4D. Hehehe.
Damiarch
Initiate

Post by Damiarch »

Interesting enough I found a set of thieves boots +4 last night.
With so many variables for ID'ing items..Its more than likely a good idea not to bother with that part.
(xx int/wis,xx lore skill,1-6 lore spell)
Hitting level 9 opened up a bigger equipment pool for sure though.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

-Threw up a very unfinished list to show progress...I'm still trying to figure out how to get a good layout. You see the 'odds and ends' one? I might just stick everything that has no actual use in the game in that section...But then there are items like the map, and the lantern, that do have uses...So perhaps I'll merge them all together...And put those items with semi-usefulness towards the end or something.

-This is just a very rough start. =P
taltamir
Initiate

Post by taltamir »

small diamond = 100 gps
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

-I never finished that Misc. section. =[
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I had never seen this before (as the last post was 2009), but it's actually very useful, despite you not having finish the misc section.

Here's a very very belated thanks for this!

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests