The optimizer's guide to a mage/healer

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: The optimizer's guide to a mage/healer

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Lord_P wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Cats Eyes is not totally useless, though it's greatest benefit is in combination with other light sources, where normal darkness becomes bright as day.
There is a downside: you cannot use a torch while holding a bow and gravekeeper's flame cannot be canceled.
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I find being a Ranger especially fun when dealing with the Acid Grubs, as you can get a mob of them following you, keep sniping their health down, and then when you kill one, it's acid can splash across the others and potentially kill them, as well.
But remember that you won't earn exp from monsters killed by the acid splash!
It's been a while since I've played Book I, but I believe you are incorrect about that. You get XP for that and for monsters killed by traps you lead them on to. It's only when monsters are actually attacking each other that you don't get the XP for the kill.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:It's been a while since I've played Book I, but I believe you are incorrect about that. You get XP for that and for monsters killed by traps you lead them on to. It's only when monsters are actually attacking each other that you don't get the XP for the kill.
Ok, thanks for correcting.
TenToes
Initiate

Post by TenToes »

How applicable is this to Book II?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

The broad outline of the stats and skills is applicable, but the specific trainers and equipment available in Book II are different.