If you achieve Destroyer, post here [spoilers]

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
woem
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: If you achieve Destroyer, post here [spoilers]

Post by woem »

Inspired by Zerikin and bruno321 I decided to create my own healer destroyer. Here are the results:

There's two interesting things here:
1/ I have 4 armor items left that I could enchant with +3 armor so my max Armor Rating would be 77, but I ran out of spider silk and the stores didn't have any. Not bad :)
2. It looks like I forgot to switch back to my mace and I have killed the last couple of guards with my bare hands, without the unarmed combat skill. Humiliation :)
Hylius
Pledge

Post by Hylius »

I made it. It was really easy, actually. After I buffed with Bless, Leatherskin, Nimbleness, and Ogre Strength, I hit them 98% of the times, and they hit me 2% of the times. Great game.
Attachments
destroyer.JPG
destroyer.JPG (103.91 KiB) Viewed 19758 times
melisscj
Pledge

Post by melisscj »

:P :P

oh, and...

8)
SuPeRKinG
Pledge

Post by SuPeRKinG »

i've reached destroyer and took a screen shot by the (Print screen SysRq) key on the keybord and the massage isn't showing and i really didn't wanna kill all those spire guards again.
Reinhart
Initiate

Post by Reinhart »

Here it is... too easy, but not as easy as the boss. I originally got the good ending, but I heard this existed and wanted to challenge my character. Odd... the text wouldn't show up no matter what I did though. The last guard failed his morale check and ran, a couple of diamond tipped arrows took care of him, I was happy they both landed though, bow was always my character's distant secondary weapon.

AlexH
Initiate

Post by AlexH »

I just got Destroyer tonight with my level 17 fighter. I leveled up to 17 during the fight against the guards. I ran to the narrow hallway and use demon oils, leatherskin and haste potions to take out the guards.

Sorry but no pictures.
Neebat
Initiate

Post by Neebat »

8)

It took me a couple tries, but I'm the Destroyer. Lots of demon oil. So much demon oil.

In fact, I need to go see if someone has reported the odd thing about demon oil
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

i did all the endings heheh i see distroyer or traitor seem the same i thought killing the chancellor making u the king of all and also making a happy ending but it didnt oddddddd , when the heroe takes over things it should be a good ending !!!!????, used invisbility and bless & other attack inhancements to face the challenge of the guards it was really hard since i was in a low level cant remember it clearly but i had to reach 80 000 experience to next level.
Why Hurt Each Other While Fighting The whole World
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

My latest fighter, Stormbringer kills them all :twisted:
Attachments
StormbringerDestroyer.JPG
StormbringerDestroyer.JPG (114.88 KiB) Viewed 19394 times
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
romero69
Initiate

Post by romero69 »

my destroyer ending and last stats shot. this is my second time thru the game. gonna take a break and get back to writing music. great game cant wait for book 2
desroyer ending.JPG
desroyer ending.JPG (90.78 KiB) Viewed 19382 times
last stats
last stats
my last stats.JPG (105.34 KiB) Viewed 19382 times
romero69
Initiate

Post by romero69 »

ok I did get back to writing music but I also got in a third game of book 1.
I believe it was pure mage, I used no weapons , only unarmed combat. the end was even easier than my fighter, I got behind the chancelor next to his chair so they can only reach you from the front and back which i blocked with demon oil, drank fortify mana potions and all it was was level 6 supernova and mana potions.
if i didnt accidently move my trackball at the end of the fight I think they wouldnt have hit me one time.
Attachments
my 17 lvl druidic mage.jpg
my 17 lvl druidic mage.jpg (134.65 KiB) Viewed 19347 times
17 level druidic mage.jpg
17 level druidic mage.jpg (119.54 KiB) Viewed 19347 times
TremaineHFox
Pledge

Post by TremaineHFox »

I don't have a screenshot, but on the second time around I decided to go for the Destroyer title again. My Mystic didn't take on a couple at a time, he just rolled up his sleeves and annihilated every last one of them, all at once. Stoneskin, Haste, Mana Fortification, and a some healing and mana potions. I'd just step out of the way if they were getting too close.

Then, I just kept casting Supernova Level 6 until they all died, taking time only to refresh my Mana Fort, Haste, Mana and Health. :)

Easy peasy!

(Was it wrong to cackle devilishly while some guards ran away, as I cast spells after them?)
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

TremaineHFox wrote:(Was it wrong to cackle devilishly while some guards ran away, as I cast spells after them?)
If that's wrong, then I don't want to be right.

WAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
RangerSheck
Pledge

Post by RangerSheck »

Easier than I hoped it would be. Nothin fancy, just a few buffs, potions, and hacking away.

Fantastic game. The ending was a little ... anticlimactic. By giving us a boatload of chests to loot after killing the final boss, you make us think we've got more adventuring to do :P

Really looking forward to Book II!
Aethora - the Web-based SRPG
I occasionally blog about games at rangersheck.com
mdev
Pledge

Post by mdev »

Narf the Berserker earned Destroyer.

After looting all there was in the Citadell, Narf went back out shopping, imbued the newly bought gear and generally had his way with what was left of the foes in Thaermore.

Then he went back in, and hit the Chancellor on the head. Which naturally not anyone was pleased with. Narf was predominant during most of the slaughter, but nearly got killed, as concentration lapsed for a moment due to the comic relief provided by using the incinerator fuel on the guard gang.

After all was done, Narf held up a hand to the screen for the player to see. Obviously the player had thought, Narf wouldn't notice.

"A Brewmasters Ring. Sheesh. How about a Lore Masters Ring next time ? Calling the guards by their names will surely add to the cozy atmosphere - Sigh. And while I'm at it: Next time I'll bill by the hour. That'll teach you parking me in the woods, and leaving for drinks !"

Narf is still a bit miffed, I figure.
Attachments
Eschalon_Book_1__Destroyer.jpg
Eschalon_Book_1__Destroyer.jpg (111.74 KiB) Viewed 19362 times
Eschalon_Book_1__Destroyer_stats_01.jpg
Eschalon_Book_1__Destroyer_stats_01.jpg (124.61 KiB) Viewed 19362 times