Bug report: Unaware enemies

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book III
Edrïn
Apprentice

Bug report: Unaware enemies

Post by Edrïn »

Attacking unaware enemies does not make them aware of your presence… At least with fleshboil and spark. And I don't even have a stealthy character.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Bug report: Unaware enemies

Post by SpottedShroom »

Can you say a little more about this? Where were you when it happened, and who were you attacking?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:Can you say a little more about this? Where were you when it happened, and who were you attacking?
FWIW, I just saw evidence of this in the Akadai Underground - just what the original poster described: in a couple of instance Mobs did not turn and attack me when I used either Fleshboil or Spark on them. In one case, I think I was attacking a Fishgutter; in another, it happened with one of the Grubb's spawns.

Better add this to the 'Bugs' list...
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I've seen this a number of times throughout the game with my mage. Enemies who seemed completely oblivious to the fact that they were taking massive damage.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

I've only seen this happen when my mage was attacking at extreme range right at the edge of the screen. And not always even then.
Edrïn
Apprentice

Post by Edrïn »

SpottedShroom wrote:Can you say a little more about this? Where were you when it happened, and who were you attacking?
Like the others said, anywhere, any enemy, from goblin to flying jellyfish. Every time it happened, the enemy was far away from me, and had not spotted me. I cannot say if it happened every time an enemy I shot had not spoted me, but it would seem probable. Also, if the said unaware enemy randomly turns in my direction while having been shot at and having ignored my firsts shots, it will start attacking normally.