Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book III
Stephane
Initiate

Re: Linux Glibc problem

Post by Stephane »

Mat What's your libc version?

Code: Select all

stephane@SDev:~$ dpkg -la |grep libc6
ii  libc6:amd64                           2.13-38+deb7u1                     amd64        Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libc6:i386                            2.13-38+deb7u1                     i386         Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libc6-dev:amd64                       2.13-38+deb7u1                     amd64        Embedded GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

MaT wrote:At first, I was not able to run - so I tried to install some more packages from i386 (because I'm running Debian on amd64 platform). But when I wanted to install libasound-plugins from i386, I was asked to remove many amd64 packages because of some conflicts (vlc, mplayer, many parts of Gnome). Finally I solved by deinstallation of these packages and then installing them again after I installed libasound-plugins for i386. This time - any conflicting packages. Strange...
I had a similar problem trying to install libc6:i386. Evidently the mirror I was using was behind, and Debian won't let you have different versions of the same package installed, even across different architectures.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

For what it's worth, I installed an X server on my wheezy VM and was able to run the game using the same LD_LIBRARY_PATH trick as before with ssh -X.
Stephane
Initiate

Post by Stephane »

Actually in a VM (Virtual Machine), the graphic driver inside your Virtual machine are "Virtual graphic driver".
And it's your OS on which the VM run that process the graphic.

From there, it will be to know if the OpenGL library are taken by from the host or local.

Mine work too if I use a VM (Like VMware) or SSH.

It seems a graphic problem, I have a NVidia card with the "Nouveau" GPL driver for the card.
I do have some Kernel warning that I have to go around in the VM (From the host kernel), with the new library in testing.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Maybe try the binary nv driver?
Stephane
Initiate

Post by Stephane »

Yeah from there it's too much work and modifications.

I will keep playing on my chroot, if the problem seems to happen to others I will dig more into it.