Fullscreen with dual monitors

Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book III
Disnel
Initiate

Fullscreen with dual monitors

Post by Disnel »

How to make game run in fullscreen on second monitor? I have a laptop with connected external monitor and I want to play on external monitor. The game everytimes opens on laptop screen, however, usually only on part of screen. I tried to turn laptop screen off and set resolution on external monitor to 1024x768 ... no luck, is has the same result. I have Nvidia card, Nvidia binary drivers and I'am using Twinview.
Disnel
Initiate

Re: Fullscreen with dual monitors

Post by Disnel »

Well, this forum has word "support" in its name. Anoyone interested about customer problems here?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Sorry, but these forums are run on a kind of best-effort basis. The developer doesn't have resources to personally respond to every issue, so the community helps out where we can. I'm guessing no one has a similar setup to try to replicate your problem on. It doesn't help that there aren't many Linux using regulars in the first place.
Disnel
Initiate

Post by Disnel »

Thank you for your answer. So what I should do? Currently I paid for a game, which simply does not work on my setup (play in window is not an option). And I don't think, that a laptop with connected exernal monitor is rare setup.

Sure, I can play on laptop screen, but this has some disadvantages as well and such things I can forgive to free software not to paid one.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Hi,

We are somewhat at the mercy of the software we used to program the game with. Either something works or it doesn't- we have almost no access to low-level system functions. As such, I can't make the game interact with your particular system any more than I can with mine.

A while back I read that BliztMax (our development software) did have some issues on dual-screen Linux boxes, but I thought that was mostly cleared up with driver improvements. I would suggest that you look through Linux support forums for answers. Certainly someone else has figured out how to run an application full-screen on second monitor in Linux. This might require experimental drivers or something.

If you can't get it to work, I'd be happy to offer you a refund. Just send me your purchase information to our support email address.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Disnel
Initiate

Post by Disnel »

Hi,

thank you for additional information, I'll try to look for known problems with BlitzMax. I didn't know, what development software are you using (I only figured out, that there is no trace of SDL). As for refund, your offer shows, that you are trustworthy company. But I like the game and I'll try to make it work first, I don't want refund.