Book III Mod: Alchemist's Tower in Moonrise (update 4/11/14)

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
Weird Heather
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: Book III Mod: Alchemist's Tower in Moonrise (update 3/23

Post by Weird Heather »

Mods certainly will disrupt the balance of the game, and the additional items and experience they provide will make the rest of the game much easier. Maybe we now need some insanely difficult mods designed to challenge invincible characters.

I definitely recommend playing through the unmodified game at least once before installing any mods.
DGZeya
Pledge

Post by DGZeya »

Is there any way to get out of the room with all the Deathbringers? Oh, that sweet sweet loot.... :D
Weird Heather
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Weird Heather »

Look for switches in the room.
[+] SPOILER
There are two switches in the room, one to the left and the other to the right (which is a little hard to see) of the fenced area where the chest is. Unless there is a new bug, the one on the right should open the portcullis at the entrance to the room. If the right switch doesn't work, let me know, and I'll fix it. The left switch allows access to the chest with all the nice loot; it seems that you have discovered that one.
DGZeya
Pledge

Post by DGZeya »

Yup, I just walked past the second one a bunch of times, go figure. But thanks for your help! and great mod! now off to enjoy my loot :)
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

Playing through the Tower again and definitely noticing a change. Great fun (I'm leaving the Deathbringer Room till last) and I really dislike Albert - from what I can see, with all his sneaky traps, cursed artefacts and love of explosions, he was a most unpleasant type. :D
Weird Heather
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: Book III Mod: Alchemist's Tower in Moonrise (update 4/6/

Post by Weird Heather »

I have just uploaded the latest version. Changes in this one are small, so people who have already played using Version 1.02 aren't missing a great deal. I fixed a couple small bugs that I found during a detailed playthrough. I also changed values on some of the loot; a few things were set a bit too high. As an added bonus, I put in a little more loot with spot hidden checks, and I put some junk in the sub-basement to make it look a little more interesting.

Thanks for all of the comments; they helped me a lot with testing and debugging. Unless more minor bugs turn up, this will be the final version.

I plan to start on my next mod soon. I have ideas for a large dungeon to add to the Astral Range area. My plan is to make something so brutal that it will challenge even a strong character who has completed all of the existing mods and taken full advantage of the loot and experience gained in these places. It will feature hordes of monsters, challenging puzzles, nasty traps, unique scripted events, loot (of course), and many other surprises. I will try to come up with multiple ways to defeat some of the toughest challenges so that different character types can get through by using their strongest skills and so that the mod has good replay value. This mod probably will take me a while. I start a new job in a week, so my time will be more limited than it has been recently. As soon as I have made sufficient progress, I will start a new thread and solicit ideas.
Weird Heather
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: Book III Mod: Alchemist's Tower in Moonrise (update 4/11

Post by Weird Heather »

I just found out that the zip file for Version 1.03 had some of the wrong files in it. I have just uploaded a corrected version of the archive. The incorrect files were older versions of some of the maps; the differences are minor.
john1v6
Apprentice

Post by john1v6 »

That was fun. Nicely made! My character was about level 15, so it wasn't too painful (Ranger w/ultra-high dexterity and bow skill). I loved all the "gag" loot, the false hope of seeing all those sweet powder kegs, and all of the beneficial-but-toxic loot.

Thanks for the hard work, and I look forward to seeing your next creation. (Glad to see the self-referenced tombstone wasn't a real one)
There are two kinds of people in the world: Us and Them
Leon
Initiate

Post by Leon »

i'm having trouble with the " 7 " clue in the east part of the lower level. Can anyone provide a hint? :-)
shylo32
Apprentice

Post by shylo32 »

Ok, I give up. I cannot for the life of me figure out the "7!" in reference to getting that door open. I know I'm getting old but didn't think I was that far gone yet.

Can I please have a clue for the clue..lol? Any kind of clue or even an outright spoiler?
DGZeya
Pledge

Post by DGZeya »

Here's a small hint for the "7!" riddle:
[+] SPOILER
It has something to do with math
Here's a really large hint:
[+] SPOILER
The ! is a special type of math operation
Here's it outright spoiled:
[+] SPOILER
"7!" means 7 factorial (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factorial), or 7*6*5*4*3*2*1. Compute that and enter it to open the lock.
Hope that helps!
shylo32
Apprentice

Post by shylo32 »

DGZeya wrote:Here's a small hint for the "7!" riddle:
[+] SPOILER
It has something to do with math
Here's a really large hint:
[+] SPOILER
The ! is a special type of math operation
Here's it outright spoiled:
[+] SPOILER
"7!" means 7 factorial (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factorial), or 7*6*5*4*3*2*1. Compute that and enter it to open the lock.
Hope that helps!

Yup, now have confirmation that age has set in. Thank you for the clues, needed to use all of them cause I didn't recognize the symbol ! as math...lol.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

I wonder how many of us would NOT have honestly gotten that 7! . I love math but never remember the ! part. Was that in Geometry, Analysis or Calculus??? Don't know and am too old to really care to recall. So thanks for the answer here, DGZeya. I never knew the clues were made with answers outside of the game (read wikipedia, etc.).
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

I just finished Alchemist tower and boy what a LOT of LOOT!!! Wish I would have attacked this earlier. BUUT, there is a problem... kind of. The ring one picks up in the corner dungeon that takes away -5 Strength while giving other positive attributes weighs 50 pounds... REALLY? I think my finger would break off if ever I attempted to wear it. But dang all those other rings are PRICELESS when trying to go the "Untouchable" route. Sadly, I must have been spotted by Shrock at some point because I lost track finding such great stuff that I must have unlocked a door and not known he was watching... ah well, NEXT attempt for a perfect game but for now this is a GREAT mod assembly (Rockhammer and Alchemist completed and now on to Mirkland... Can't wait to see what great surprises are in store for me there!!!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
leonxim
Apprentice

Post by leonxim »

Thanks for this Mod. Trouble is that im not very good in maths so failed to enter. i need code. i've finished playing Rockhammer Mine Lvl 3 and its really well done. i enjoyed it very much.

Thanks & waiting :)