A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Book II Mod: Return to Bastion Spire

Post by MyGameCompany »

Hi cariocamatuto,
[+] SPOILER
The hints at the end of the readme will help with your first question.

The portal IS the devastating weapon. With it, the Taurax can invade Port Kuudad. So you have to destroy it to complete the mod.

The Tomb of Chancellors is a secret way through the mountains into Western Thaermore. It is meant to be accessed through Eastern Midlande. You won't get very far from the other side. I presume the northeast gate you are asking about is the one right after you enter the dungeon? If so, look for a hidden switch in the northeast corner of the room. It's hiding behind the east wall.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
cariocamatuto
Initiate

Post by cariocamatuto »

Hi Troy. Thank you so much. I will go back to the tomb and look for the lever/switch. But, after destroying the portal, anything to do or anywhere to go in order to see any official "happy ending" or to receive a medal after a speech before going to home sweet home ? Again, nice mod. I also had a lot of fun slaughtering the Taurax army using "mass boiling". Any other mod in progress ? I do appreciate your hard and outstanding work.
cariocamatuto
Initiate

Post by cariocamatuto »

Troy, one last detail almost forgotten. What about the access to the mage's summer cottage ?
Thanks.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

cariocamatuto wrote:Troy, one last detail almost forgotten. What about the access to the mage's summer cottage ?
Thanks.
Again, check the readme. It tells you how to get into the summer cottage. (Don't want to repost it here, for fear of spoiling it for someone)
cariocamatuto wrote:Hi Troy. Thank you so much. I will go back to the tomb and look for the lever/switch. But, after destroying the portal, anything to do or anywhere to go in order to see any official "happy ending" or to receive a medal after a speech before going to home sweet home ? Again, nice mod. I also had a lot of fun slaughtering the Taurax army using "mass boiling". Any other mod in progress ? I do appreciate your hard and outstanding work.
Hm... I didn't have a message after destroying the portal? I thought I had added a message and awarded some experience. I'll have to go back and check that.

No, I don't have any other Eschalon mods in the works. In fact, there are 1-2 maps I never finished on this mod. I'll have to address that one day...

However, I'm currently working on my own RPG. If you're interested, you can read about it on my blog here:
https://eldwynblog.wordpress.com
There are some screenshots there and a few videos of the battle system that I built for it. It's heavily influenced by Eschalon and Avernum (by Spiderweb Games). I haven't posted any news in a long while, but I am still working on the project. The music soundtrack is almost complete, and I should have the starting valley finished in the next few weeks. So far, I've built about 8 outdoor maps, a half dozen shop interior maps, and a half dozen dungeon maps. Long way to go, though. But it's a fun project.
Troy
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
cariocamatuto
Initiate

Post by cariocamatuto »

OK. I'll check the cottage issue accessing the readme text.
Great news about your own rpg. You are brave. I will visit the link during the next weekend and pass on my impressions asap. Again thanks a ton and congratulations. Have a nice weekend.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Hey everyone! I've updated the shared link to the file on Google Drive. The previous link was no longer valid due to a security update. Sorry about that. I didn't realize that link no longer worked, but it should be fixed now!
Troy
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

MyGameCompany wrote: October 6th, 2021, 10:13 am Hey everyone! I've updated the shared link to the file on Google Drive. The previous link was no longer valid due to a security update. Sorry about that. I didn't realize that link no longer worked, but it should be fixed now!
Hey, Troy! Glad to see you're still having fun with this. I still love your mods.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Thanks! I've actually been playing through all 3 games again recently. I really miss this series. Still very fun!

I'm currently running a blog and YouTube channel under the monicker, "Professor Toybox". It's about Disney Infinity, which I love, but of course since the game was cancelled a few years back, there's no new content. However, the game's powerful toy box mode lets you build almost anything, so I've been designing toy boxes containing new adventures and games, and then showing people how to build them step-by-step for themselves. It serves as a fun, creative outlet for me, and benefits other folks who love Disney Infinity too and want new content.

If anyone is interested, my blog is: https://professortoybox.home.blog/
And my YouTube channel is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv91hC ... yDDBDUposQ
Troy