What about Grimoire?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

What about Grimoire?

Post by Painted Lady »

Several years ago there was an Australian doing a kickstarter for a big RPG that nobody had ever heard of. We all pretty much figured it was vaporware. It seems the guy was for real, and the game is available on Steam. It's called Grimoire, and apparently is quite an old-school experience.

Has anyone played it?
slackmg
Initiate

Re: What about Grimoire?

Post by slackmg »

Played through the demo, way back in 2012. Did jump into the kickstarter, but was waiting for it to show up in GOG since he was only giving Steam keys out - though there is a promised physical delivery I still should get one year. Once it showed up in GOG, spent the extra $7.00 to download it, but haven't started playing it yet. Still working through Pathfinder:Kingmaker, had to restart a couple of times. The game is an ode to Wizardry 7, plays pretty close to that experience.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar ?

isnt this the one where the dev was a F ing psycho?

That said, for 10 bucks and supposed 600 hrs of gameplay, with graphics that look out of 1998, i bought it.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Honestly, I'd be interested in giving it a try too. My worry is that it might be too much. 600 hours, and I read there are several large maze maps. I dunno...I don't really have the patience for large maze maps any more.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 11:17 am Honestly, I'd be interested in giving it a try too. My worry is that it might be too much. 600 hours, and I read there are several large maze maps. I dunno...I don't really have the patience for large maze maps any more.
If i can save, im ok. If its a rogue like, F THAT LOL
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Ok so.......its unplayable to me.

period, end of story.