Anyone play Children of Zodiarcs

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Anyone play Children of Zodiarcs

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

A few weeks back I picked up the game Children of Zodiarcs on a GOG sale. It's not really an RPG, as you don't have control over character design or interactions. It's a story with interesting deck-based combat mechanics. The story itself is pretty interesting and gets into some really heavy stuff that you don't see coming at first.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Anyone play Children of Zodiarcs

Post by blatherbeard »

Im getting into deck based mechanics games here and there. I love to pop in slay the spire and i kickstarted Magin because of the simple to play hard to master card and deck building type mechanics.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

I was a bit surprised by how much I enjoyed the deck-building aspects of the game. It leads to some very interesting strategies and tactics.
---

blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

A friend just got me into another deck type game that borrows HEAVILY from slay the spire but its tweaked a bit and i love it. Its called monster train.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

blatherbeard wrote: July 31st, 2021, 9:03 am A friend just got me into another deck type game that borrows HEAVILY from slay the spire but its tweaked a bit and i love it. Its called monster train.
Looks cool. Unfortunately Windows only, though, it looks like.
---