Reccomendations, please =)

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
MegaHassan
Steward

Reccomendations, please =)

Post by MegaHassan »

I need some reccomendations for some good Indy RPG's. Basically what I'm looking for should have a huge world, non linear gameplay, should have some factions, and have an extremely tight economy. Should be turn based too, and have awesomely designed dungeons, I love dungeon exploring! :mrgreen:

My experience of Indy RPG's has been limited to Avernum IV and the Aveyond series. So some reccs would be really really appreciated :D

EDIT: By tight economy I mean that it should be extremely hard for us to gather money. IDK if you get what I mean =p
Sslaxx
Council Member

Re: Reccomendations, please =)

Post by Sslaxx »

hassanumer999 wrote:I need some reccomendations for some good Indy RPG's. Basically what I'm looking for should have a huge world, non linear gameplay, should have some factions, and have an extremely tight economy. Should be turn based too, and have awesomely designed dungeons, I love dungeon exploring! :mrgreen:

My experience of Indy RPG's has been limited to Avernum IV and the Aveyond series. So some reccs would be really really appreciated :D

EDIT: By tight economy I mean that it should be extremely hard for us to gather money. IDK if you get what I mean =p
Well, there's Haxima, Devil's Whiskey and perhaps some more like them, but I actually second this request. Enlightenment is desirable.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

Well, Depths of Peril at soldak.com has factions.

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
MegaHassan
Steward

Post by MegaHassan »

DL'd Depths of peril from Gametunnel a few minutes ago, gonna play the trial when I'm not so sleepy... lol
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

It's not turn-based, though... Maybe you should try the Heroes of Might and Magic games (most of them are out of print, though, because 3DO went under). Not really RPGs, but sounds somewhat like what you are looking for.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
MegaHassan
Steward

Post by MegaHassan »

Depths of Peril was cool, I liked it, not sure if I should buy it though. I was impressed with the trial version though.

And yeah, I have Heroes of Might and Magic III and V. V is too boring, and III was awesome, I was addicted to it like three years back =D
mamachi
Initiate

Post by mamachi »

Have you tried the Laxius Power games, they are very very good and free.

Aveyond 1 + 2 are also very good but not free :)
MegaHassan
Steward

Post by MegaHassan »

I was one of the first people to play Ahriman's Prophecy, Amaranth's first game. I was one of the guys who voted for Aveyond 1 to be called Sword of Shadows on the poll they made on the website back when they were called amaranth productions, so of course i've played Aveyond 1 and 2. But I don't really consider it an RPG...