The New Bard's Tale

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

The New Bard's Tale

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

So, has anybody else been watching or contributed to the Kickstarter for the new Bard's Tale sequel? Looks cool to me. Who here hasn't lost hours to these original games?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
tiresius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: The New Bard's Tale

Post by tiresius »

Yes yes yes !! Bard's Tale III was the first game I bought with my own money. It went for $20 which was just what I could afford, was in a cardboard folder (no box) and was found in the dwindling C64 section of Electronics Boutique (US store). I spent many hours playing with my party configuration and messing about in the starter dungeon. Not until reading the guidebook, written as a story, did I even find the boss and defeat him to help begin the main quest! I think a lot of the riddles/puzzles were meant for older players. I mean, I had never heard the "live by the sword, die by the sword" phrase at 12 years of age, and that was an answer to one of them ...

Not long after that I purchased BT1 & BT2 for C64 and beat both of those.

I hope this remake goes better than the Might and Magic one. :lol:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

I have some oblique insight into the new M&M games, and I don't expect any of the issues from those to appear in this. :)
---

Dolnor
Pledge

Post by Dolnor »

Sorry for this necro-post but I just recently signed up to these forums.

I helped fund the game and I'm looking forward to testing the game pre-alpha (used to be called Friends & Family testing).

Currently helping test games I helped fund on either FIg, Kickstarter, or Indiegogo:
• The prototype for Underworld:Ascendent
• Earthlock:Festival of Magic which I funded (more than I should have) because it is being developed by my friend Bendik Stang!
• AdventureQuest 3D which is their first 3D game...most of their previous games were 2d cartoon side-scrolling types.
• Shroud of the Avatar
• Everquest:Landmark which is now just called Landmark.
• Star Citizen...I am a Golden Ticket recipient!
• Outer Wilds...helped fund to expand their worlds!
• Project:Gorgon...this one is fun and strange at the same time!
• The Repopulation..resuming testing once their issues with the Hero Game Engine creators are resolved.
• Battle Chasters:Nightwar
=== and a few others that haven't hit testing phases yet!
+++ trying to get some sleep in there somewhere! -)

TQQdles™,

Dolnor Numbwit
Eternal Testing Newbie
Apple ][+ MOSTech 6502 1.0 MHz • 64k Ram • Hercules 8k EGA video card • 300baud USR modem • 2 x 340k 5¼" floppy drives • Software Emulated Sound • Apple DOS 3.3 • Sony 13" TV monitor • Integrated Keyboard
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Hey, Dolnor,

Cool to have you around. I am looking forward to what comes out for the new Bard's Tale, but I'm not usually one for Beta Testing. I admire you folks who are willing to actually dig into the games and do that stuff, though. Sounds like you have a full slate. Are you now also into the beta of Torment: Tides of Numenera that just released today? I was thinking of testing that out, but sadly it's Windows only and I'm a Mac head. ;-)
---

KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

If you happen to know of a game where they can still use a beta tester I'd be up for it, as I have some time on my hands. The last half year I've spent travelling, without a computer, so I haven't been good at keeping up with the latest news on upcoming games, but I've ended the travelling bit now.
I have good memories from helping test Eschalon Book III. I was only involved the last 3 weeks or so before release, and it was a small team, but we were very dedicated, sending bugs and our impressions of the game on a daily basis. I had mainly put my name up for the proof reading, but I found some cool bugs as well - a bug may be a nasty thing in a released game, but in beta testing it's like finding a gem, and I did find a few real gems. :)
I believe there's a lot of completely open beta testing going on on Steam, with the early access thing. I haven't bought into that until now, I'm not sure I like it. I guess I like getting a game only when it's released, and game development before that happening in a small group.