Another isometric, turn-based, old-school RPG

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Another isometric, turn-based, old-school RPG

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Looks like Antharion, another old-school RPG funded through Kickstarter a good while back, is going to be officially released in a couple weeks. http://orphicsoftware.com
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Another isometric, turn-based, old-school RPG

Post by Painted Lady »

I hope I'm not foolishly getting my hopes up, but this could be a fun game.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

I backed the Kickstarter, so I'll be giving a little report when I've had a chance to play it. The graphics look a little more on the whimsical side than Eschalon or any of the Spiderweb stuff. I'll be intrigued to see how the limited light/visibility stuff plays out technically, and see how well they've constructed the story.
---

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Last time I saw Antharion back in 2012 I gave it a brief look and then forgot about it. This weekend I did some reading, watched some videos and it comes across as a charming game. I ended up pre-ordering so thank you for posting about it.
Hope it turns out as much fun as it looks. :) I like sharing good things with people who might enjoy them.
---

mercy
Apprentice

Post by mercy »

Antharion looks like it will be an awesome game and borrows a lot from the equally awesome Helherron! :D
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

watched some of the video. Looks decent enough, and if the story is that good than i could buy that.

would i be on target if i said it looks like a fallout 1 or 2, but with a party and high fantasy?
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

I'm looking forward to getting started with it, though life is keeping me busy right now so I've only had a chance to download. Haven't even started it up yet.
---

Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I think Europe banned games where you could kill children.
vdweller
Senior Steward

Post by vdweller »

Hmmm...seems too generic. Might give it a whirl at some point. The characters' heads also seem a bit off.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

So what happened to Orphic Software? They released a few patches and then disappeared.
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

Hello,

Is there a place that I can buy the Antharion soundtrack? I was not a backer on Kickstarter but would like to acquire the soundtrack. And what is happening at Orphic Software, you seem to have disappeared. It would be a shame if this was your only game.

Thank you,
Paul.
Hey Paul, unfortunately not at the moment, our soundtrack was composed entirely by Eric Gallardo and he retained full the rights to all of the music meaning that he’d be the only one who could sell it and I don’t think he’s chosen to do so for whatever reason(s). Though technically you could simply extract all of the tracks from the data folder on windows or the app bundle on mac and convert the .ogg files to mp3s or whatever. The music tracks are all prefixed with either: atm_, dun_, and cmbt_. Orphic as a legal entity is alive and well and more than likely Antharion will not be our last game, though we can’t really say anything beyond that at the moment.

Thanks,
Jen
Their forum is cluttered with spam and they have removed the forum link from their website. I get the impression AntharioN didn't sell which explains their apparent lack of interest but if they want to make another game what you don't do is just disappear off the world.
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I