Typos?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

True, it would not be perfect, but letting words like 'Aboandon' and 'Benieth' get out in the demo area just looks rather sloppy, and it would at least catch those.
moldar
Apprentice

Post by moldar »

Another one (Not catchable by spell checker):

Aaron in Bordertown: "decent" should be "descent"

Edit:

Krista - also in Bordertown: "fragements" should be "fragments"

And another edit:

Innkeeper in Bordertown (Guess where I just got!):

"She lives just south hear" should be "She lives just south of here"

Innkeeper in Bordertown, again:

"Unless you know what your are doing" should be "Unless you know what you are doing"

Talking to Lilith:

"Barron's Thicket" should be "Baron's Thicket"
ecliptic
Pledge

Post by ecliptic »

press f3 - text on popup says "press and key to continue" instead of "press any key to continue"
Opunaesala
Apprentice

Post by Opunaesala »

I think I saw that the references to Baron's Thicket were fixed except when you actually enter Baron's Thicket, it still says Barron's Thicket.
VPeric
Steward

Post by VPeric »

Some typos in the skill descriptions I've noticed:

Alchemy: "the more potent of mixture your can create" -> "the more potent of a mixture you can create"
Meditation: "of a magickal attacks" -> "of magickal attacks"
Move Silently: "effect 'Moving Silenty'" -> "effect 'Silent'"
Pick Locks: "ability to utilities" -> "ability to utilize"
Skullduggery: "ability effectively" -> "ability to effectively"

Also, the quest log still says "Salty Coast", instead of "Salted Coast".

These are all current as of 1.01.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

The manual (yes I finally found it - why doesn't the game actually REFER you to it when you install??) has reference to certain resistances being affected by your skill in 'Mediation'. Now I've been on Mediation courses, and I don't think they' help .. I think you need Meditation. Yep, that's one a spell checker wouldn't help with. 8>.
moldar
Apprentice

Post by moldar »

Talking with Lilith - She refers to "Darkwater" but the quest journal says "Blackwater"
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Found a Type talking to Lilith running version 1.01.

First thing she says "Well Hello, what a surpirse"
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Still some typo in patch 1.01
one barrel says "you see an old barrel WITH made of wood" the with shoudl be removed.

Strange thing is that another barrel had the correct description.

Also there is still the Salty Coast instead of the Salted Coast in the Quest Journal.
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
syrio
Apprentice

Post by syrio »

In the quest journal it says 80 pounds for the quest where you have to carry the 70 pound object to Blackwater.
Mass Boil description: "...CAUSEING blisters and lesions."

patch 1.01
Claw
Apprentice

Post by Claw »

Not a typo strictly speaking; but it really bugs the hell outta me that the game insists a nefarious healer be a Warlock while a nefarious magick user is called Necromancer.
I just don't see a necro hurling fireballs. Command over life and death, healing himself and hurting others, that sounds about right.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

VPeric wrote: Alchemy: "the more potent of mixture your can create" -> "the more potent of a mixture you can create"
It's a straight swap from 'of' to 'a' [and catching the you(r)]

"...the more potent a mixture you can create..."

If you love 'of' and can't bear to get rid of it would have to read something like this in order to be correct;

"As you add points to this skill, the potency of your mixtures will be increased..."
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Claw wrote:Not a typo strictly speaking; but it really bugs the hell outta me that the game insists a nefarious healer be a Warlock while a nefarious magick user is called Necromancer.
I just don't see a necro hurling fireballs. Command over life and death, healing himself and hurting others, that sounds about right.
Shouldn't a nefarious healer be something like Witchdoctor... that would keep the Warlock free for all the fireball hurling.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

The Vault Master: "He turns around and pulls a level jutting..." level => lever
LethalBlade
Apprentice

Post by LethalBlade »

Abygale in the magic shop in Aridell:

When trying to sell items to her, and her stock is full, she replies "I am overstocked right night, I cannot buy any more."

I assume that should read "right now".