trojan horse

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
kaminee

trojan horse

Post by kaminee »

How can i make a model of the Greek Trojan Horse? I need to make a model for school. It doesn't have to be a Trojan Horse(u know the big wooden thing the greeks hid in to win the trojan war), but it has to be greek. I want to make a trojan horse though. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I have looked all over the internet and cant find anything! It has to be on a base, and the base can be no bigger than 22 inches by 16 inches. Help!
Last edited by kaminee on November 28th, 2010, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
geishaboy
Marshall

Re: trojan horse

Post by geishaboy »

For school you say, well, we wouldn't want you to fail now would we

Step 1:

Construct a wooden horse frame from Popsicle sticks. Make the frame 1 foot high and 2 feet long. Glue the Popsicle sticks together to form a rough horse. You can slightly break sticks to round the figure off. You'll be covering this later, so there's no need for perfection. You just need something to build on.

Step 2:

Make a papier-maché mixture. You can do this with a fifty-fifty mix of white glue and a mixture that is one part water, one part flour.

Step 3:

Dip newspaper strips into the papier-maché mixture and layer the strips over the Popsicle stick structure. Continue to layer the newspaper strips over the Trojan Horse frame, criss-crossing them as you go. Use plenty of newspaper. You want a thick, strong coat of it.

Step 4:

Let the Trojan Horse model dry for at least 2 hours, then glue thin cedar wood chips all over the entire piece. Be sure none of the newspaper is visible.

Step 5:

Cut a small trap door into the chest of the Trojan Horse model and attach one of the thin pieces of rope to each side of the door and the horse's chest. These represent pulleys.

Step 6

Cover four plastic bottle caps with glue and fix them to the Trojan Horse model to represent wheels. This will give you your very own representation of the Trojan Horse.

Good Luck!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Is it me, or did it just get surreal in here?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Oh, I want to keep this so badly...
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

Hey BW, I think you really should keep this post for posterity. I mean, now you can say that your forum has been infected by a trojan. :lol: :mrgreen:

I really enjoyed the step-by-step instructions on how to build a trojan horse. :)
AXS
Apprentice

Post by AXS »

That gives me and idea , we could put the "BRICOMANIA" skill in to the game.

Tossed out from port kuudad? goblin´s from crackamir won´t let you in?Then make your way in!! Build your own trojan horse ,and make them toss you in!!

High level skill has the nuclear reactor trojan horse!
don´t like what you see ? push the button and look at your experience bar !! everything on your map will be blown to atoms! (precaution you are included)
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

I'd rather build a trojan rabbit...
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

ManusDei wrote:I'd rather build a trojan rabbit...
Silly English K-niggt
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.