The game runs slow in fullscreen

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Zadawn
Pledge

The game runs slow in fullscreen

Post by Zadawn »

I bought the game on steam but whenever i try to run it in fullscreen it runs so slow it is unplayable.My specs are not a problem, performance rating is 2.
If i run it windowed the image is so small i can barely see things!
Chod
Initiate

Re: The game runs slow in fullscreen

Post by Chod »

It strikes me that this could be the same problem I am having. What specs do you have? What gfx card do you have?

I am running on a Surface Pro and windowed runs fine, full screen slow. Eb2 runs fine in both windowed and full screen.
Fionnaleigh
Initiate

Post by Fionnaleigh »

Did anyone ever figure out why this (slow Book 1 in fullscreen) is happening?

I was playing happily on my desktop, through Steam, downloaded to my new laptop and soooo sloooow! :( The graphics and sound are awesome, but it's painfully slow.

Is it Windows 8.1? Steam? My graphics card or driver issues?

Good to know I can switch to Book 2. :mrgreen:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

My guess would be that your laptop has the Intel integrated graphics, which is optimized for not displaying sprite art optimally. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Eternal
Pledge

Post by Eternal »

Hello! This is my first post. I had to let people know how I fixed Eschalon 1's problem on my Windows 8 wide screen laptop. (I bought it on steam) It was weird how it messed up because it worked (not as slow) windowed on any setting on the startup menu. But it was so tiny and laggy and glitchy, ( it also crashed when i tried to run the game full screen on OpenGl, but didnt windowed). anyways, what I did was locate the original game folder. (C:) program files (x86) Steam steamapps common. Eschalon book 1. Then I went to its properties and just ran compatibility mode and let it use its "recommended settings" then I tested the game and now its so much faster and better and I had to post this somewhere in case you or anyone that was in my position because I had bought all three games and could play two and three with no problem. anyways I hope this helps anyone who may need it. I really love these games and I hope they make more but I doubt it :-(
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Eternal wrote:... hope they make more but I doubt it :-(
Aw, don't be so doubtful. We have a RPG in the works now, but it's still a way off. And personally (I've said this many times) I'd love to revisit Eschalon at some point with a brand new engine (new game, not a remake).
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Eternal
Pledge

Post by Eternal »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Eternal wrote:... hope they make more but I doubt it :-(
Aw, don't be so doubtful. We have a RPG in the works now, but it's still a way off. And personally (I've said this many times) I'd love to revisit Eschalon at some point with a brand new engine (new game, not a remake).
New Eschalon? I'm all up for that! New chills and thrills. I love what you guys did on book 2 and 3. The effects and graphics and new creatures was all great. The puzzles and quests was great too. I always seem to want more exploring in games. The more the merrier for me :D keep making new games cuz I'll be looking! :)