Stuck

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Krafen
Council Member

Stuck

Post by Krafen »

I was just south of the rift on the W edge of NE Crackimir and I changed to (I think) the Northern Crackimir map. Unfortunately, I ended up in the midst of mountains and I can't move at all. Quick Travel doesn't work in that zone, so I am completely stuck.
sarvadi
Apprentice

Re: Stuck

Post by sarvadi »

Krafen wrote:I was just south of the rift on the W edge of NE Crackimir and I changed to (I think) the Northern Crackimir map. Unfortunately, I ended up in the midst of mountains and I can't move at all. Quick Travel doesn't work in that zone, so I am completely stuck.
....hmmmm, I think you're further on than I am in the game. I wish I could help. Someone else here will be able to, I'm sure. Are you able to restore to a different time in the game - this should take you out of this situation. Good luck!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Continuing from an older save is your best bet. Unfortunately, a few of these "holes" still exist in the gameworld even though we managed to patch about 30 of them up.

If an older save is not a possible, email me at "support AT basiliskgames DOT com" with your order number and I can help you out.
Krafen
Council Member

Post by Krafen »

I ended up just restoring. Lost a bit of progress, but not a huge deal. I have run into the stuck problem a few times before, but quick travel always took care of it. Lacking quick travel was what caused the problem for me. I wasn't careful about exploring the edge of the map because I expected to be able to escape if I got stuck. I have since obtained the Portal spell so I will have recourse if it happens again.
Chuis
Pledge

Really Stuck, Can't Go Further

Post by Chuis »

Hi. No matter which direction I come from, I cannot go south or west in the Salted Coast. It takes me to the very first map of the game. What's worse is that I start on water and cannot get back to land...

I'm going to try to repair permissions and restart my computer, but if that doesn't work, what can I do? Even if I load a different saved game, the same thing happens.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

You can always zip your saved game slot up and email it to me. I can see if I can get working.
Chuis
Pledge

Email

Post by Chuis »

I tried to email it to you, but it said your mailbox was full. I'll try again now. If not, please email me and let me know of another email I can send it to.

Thanks.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

That's odd...I don't even think I have limits on my email box!

Did you .zip the entire save directory (all the slots), or just a single slot that is giving you problems? Try sending me just one slot zipped up.