Which is you favourite weapon?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.

Which is your favourite weapon type?

1. Swords
41%
2. Bows
28%
3. Axes
6%
4. Cleaving
6%
5. Bludgeoning
13%
6. Short Bladed
3%
7. Thrown
No votes
8. Unarmed Combat
3%

Total votes: 32

acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Re: Which is you favourite weapon?

Post by acoustibop »

I think the most powerful weapon in the game is the Divine Ore Great Sword, Stalfos. It has a Base Damage of 11and weighs 12lb - obviously you can imbue it with +3 ToHit and +3 Damage.

However, you get it as part of a quest that involves killing Lilith - not a nice thing to do...

I was lucky enough to pick up an Adamantine Great Sword +4, which has a Base Damage of 10 and, of course, imbued it with +3 ToHit. So altogether it's only one ToHit point down on the Divine Ore Great Sword, and since it's 2lb lighter at 10lb, I don't think that's bad at all. ;)
Stalfos
Apprentice

Post by Stalfos »

Then, I guess that the Adamantine Sword is a little better, because you have a higher minimum damage (+4, instead of +3, so you get +1 dmg on a weak damage roll), or is it a ToHit point??
Hyrkali
Freelance Web Developer @ NickoLabs
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

No, the +4 is Damage, Stalfos.

That's a good thought - makes me even happier I didn't take the quest to kill Lilith. ;)
Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dr. G »

I understand, I didn't like killing Lilith either, but does it affect your game play in any way?, I mean if for some reason your character decides to go doing evil things like killing most of the NPC just to rob thier belongings, is there any kind of punishment? obviously besides losing some to trade with, or someone to train with in some cases, is there any other down side?

Cause most them are an easy prey :twisted: , altough sometimes they don't have anything valuable.
coolio13
Initiate

Post by coolio13 »

Would someone explain how to break barrels open? :roll:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Hold Left-Shift while you click on the barrel/chest/door.

Bashing is also mentioned in the Player's Manual, page 12 (located on the Start menu where Eschalon is).
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
coolio13
Initiate

Post by coolio13 »

RFM BABY, thank you sir. :oops:
coolio13
Initiate

Post by coolio13 »

k, i dont agree with my embued hammer breaking when i beat on barrels, that is for crap. Whats to keep my weapon from breaking when i fight, lame. I all my battles none of my weapons have broken. We should have some way of knowing when the weapons will break and have a way to fix 'em if this is part of the game. :cry:
coolio13
Initiate

Post by coolio13 »

Yeah, figured that out now, kinda late for cool hammer tho.
krisklef
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by krisklef »

Re: unarmed combat.

My second full game I tried a martial-arts mage and found it a bit wanting compared to my axe-wielding first mage. Early on, a decent UC skill is very convenient, chests and barrels break open much faster, and when I got it up to 16 and also had high strength and speed, I could get 24 damage on the Tauraxes.

But it doesn't make up for the ability to imbue, and it seemed like the Boss Weapons (Executioner, Divine Ore sword, what have you) still have a higher max damage, if you compare similar levels of weapon skill and UC skill.

The only advantage is being able to sell EVERY weapon, except one or two budget-priced thrown items and a cheapo club, for . . . um, exploratory purposes. But, you know, who keeps more than 2 or three combat weapons anyway?

Just my thoughts,
krisklef