appstub.linux signal handler 11

Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Lee
Pledge

appstub.linux signal handler 11

Post by Lee »

Game is great, but there is one bug I've encountered. Happens when the game trys to change the music being played. (example; going into or leaving the dungeons)
game will exit with following error "appstub.linux signal handler 11". I can edit the config file to use openal sound ( which I do not have installed) game will then run with no sound, and it runs perfect. I installed the openal package and when game starts it just freezes, So I removed openal and currently play with no sound.
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

So what distribution are you using, Lee, and on what sort of system?
Lee
Pledge

Post by Lee »

I'm currently running ZenWalk 4.6, On a ASUS K8V-MX mother board w/ a AMD Sempron 2600 cpu. Am using the onboard sound ( I think that might be my problem)
Kalidarn
Initiate

Re: appstub.linux signal handler 11

Post by Kalidarn »

If you can reproduce the problem try installing strace and finding out what systemcall is being called before this error occurs.

strace -o ~/output.txt ./eschalon_book_1 (in the game directory).

I found when creating a ebuild install script for this game I had the permissions of eschalon.cfg being changed to read only and that triggered the error. I saw something like open("eschalon.cfg", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC, 0666) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied) and then knew what was wrong. Note you have to scroll up from the bottom.