Uber Destroyer Chacter

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Asgard The Elder
Senior Steward

Uber Destroyer Chacter

Post by Asgard The Elder »

U 2 can start the game with an uber dude and just do a walkabout - No problems just hack and slash you way through the game. I won't tell how but you can do it.
Attachments
ScreenShot021.jpg
ScreenShot021.jpg (115.54 KiB) Viewed 8144 times
The Wizard Works Wonders to Behold
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Re: Uber Destroyer Chacter

Post by acoustibop »

So are we talking hex editor or Ye Olde Photo Shoppe, Asgard The Elder? ;)
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

Or he did the entire game without the cartography skill, saved up several skill points and then went back to the beginning and leveled up giving himself instant high level mapmaking skills.

The only thing then needing editing is the game play time.

And what's that save file name trying to say? :|
Asgard The Elder
Senior Steward

acoustibop wrote:So are we talking hex editor or Ye Olde Photo Shoppe, Asgard The Elder? ;)
No - I do not use photoshop I use Paint Shop Pro however I did not use a photo retouch program nor did I hexedit any file. It took more time doing it my way and was more fun.
Asgard The Elder
Senior Steward

Culmination wrote:
Unclever title wrote:And what's that save file name trying to say? :|
Brandon wise the killer?
Exactly..
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

Oh, my bad, I took the B.W. to stand for Basilisk Wrangler, but I guess that's just my crazy head being crazy. :?
Asgard The Elder
Senior Steward

Unclever title wrote:Or he did the entire game without the cartography skill, saved up several skill points and then went back to the beginning and leveled up giving himself instant high level mapmaking skills.

The only thing then needing editing is the game play time.

And what's that save file name trying to say? :|

In most cases high level skills are not all that hard to get. In the case of cartography just find a sextant and paying a bit of gold will get you well on your way. Read a book and maybe wear some +2 Cartography scout sandles.
I did not edit anything to get here. The character was developed as shown. No file editing nor picture retouch.
Asgard The Elder
Senior Steward

Unclever title wrote:Oh, my bad, I took the B.W. to stand for Basilisk Wrangler, but I guess that's just my crazy head being crazy. :?
No No No, heaven forbid...I admire Basilisk Wrangler too much for bringing this game to us to ever want to do him harm in any way.
This RPG is the penultimate in replayability. I have went from start to finish at least 5 times with this game so far. Other RPG's I was lucky if there was enough replayability to get through the game a second time.
mark
Apprentice

Post by mark »

Play time of 0.0 hrs has me puzzled.
Asgard The Elder
Senior Steward

mark wrote:Play time of 0.0 hrs has me puzzled.
The game has just started..As per my original message in this thread..I am just starting and I have a uber level 21 super character..

I did not hexedit nor is the photo retouched in any way..

How did I do it is the question?
Stalfos
Apprentice

Post by Stalfos »

Simply kept the "char" file from the save, then overwrite the newgame one... But this method (as shown in a post I've red somewhere in the archive), it does not enable you from doing the quest again. For that, you must hex edit something...

But I may be wrong. ^^
Hyrkali
Freelance Web Developer @ NickoLabs
Asgard The Elder
Senior Steward

Stalfos wrote:Simply kept the "char" file from the save, then overwrite the newgame one... But this method (as shown in a post I've red somewhere in the archive), it does not enable you from doing the quest again. For that, you must hex edit something...

But I may be wrong. ^^
I did not read that anywhere however that is what you do. I have not taken this character for a romp yet so I don't know about the quests aspect. Will let you know shortly.
Asgard The Elder
Senior Steward

Asgard The Elder wrote:
Stalfos wrote:Simply kept the "char" file from the save, then overwrite the newgame one... But this method (as shown in a post I've red somewhere in the archive), it does not enable you from doing the quest again. For that, you must hex edit something...

But I may be wrong. ^^
I did not read that anywhere however that is what you do. I have not taken this character for a romp yet so I don't know about the quests aspect. Will let you know shortly.
You start from scratch - new quests and all. I however have deleted this game. No
fun just strolling with nothing to overcome. My next incarnation is going to be a completely evil just to see how far I can get and how bad I can be.
Lucifer
Initiate

Post by Lucifer »

Oh do tell us :)
Asgard The Elder
Senior Steward

Lucifer wrote:Oh do tell us :)
Just started this little senario. My plans and intentions are to complete each and every quest, then destroy all life on the face of eschalon, which includes all NPC's then go for the Destroyer ending. I only play an hour or so at a sitting so it will take a bit of time. :twisted: