easter eggs

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
scruffmo
Pledge

easter eggs

Post by scruffmo »

i have found 2 eggs but i need 3rd can you help please
Artius
Initiate

Re: easter eggs

Post by Artius »

I haven't played far enough to know the answer to this, but I do know that you'll need to reveal which two eggs you have found, if you want to be told where just the third one is ;)
scruffmo
Pledge

Post by scruffmo »

i found it
spacecadet
Pledge

Post by spacecadet »

howdy, i have only ever found the one egg....have been searching for many games and still can't find them.....maybe you could help... pleeeeeeeease.

any advice given, i would be greatly thankful for.

other issues i am struggling with:
1.does someone ask to have the lighthouse lit, is it a mission to complete or a random thing to do?
2.can you ever sail in the boat to the island near the lighthouse?
3.the 3 eggs
4.what do i need to put in the 4 chests in the tangletree ossuary to activate the pressure plate?

i have been through the game many times and gained the the destroyer class for most of them, but my brain must just do the same things over and over so never find these things out.

cheers
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

SPOILER ALERT

1. Looking through old threads here, it seems that the lighthouse was originally going to involve a quest that would let you go to ash island in the boat, but it didn't make it into the final version.

2. See #1.

3. Which egg did you find? If it's the one in Elderhollow, look for a back entrance to the Goblin Citadel, and see #4.

4. This is part of the answer to #3. In some order: hammer, ring, ash, apple.
greenman
Initiate

Post by greenman »

After putting the items (ring, hammer, ash, apple) in the chests, the portculli does not open, by stepping on the plate.
I can see a poltergeist, but how to get through?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

greenman wrote:After putting the items (ring, hammer, ash, apple) in the chests, the portculli does not open, by stepping on the plate.
Specifically, the "hammer" needs to be any Bludgeoning Weapon - make sure it's a Bludgeoning.

As for the ring, maybe it has to be magical? I've never tried a non-magical ring, but a magical ring always seems to work.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

IJBall wrote:
greenman wrote:After putting the items (ring, hammer, ash, apple) in the chests, the portculli does not open, by stepping on the plate.
Specifically, the "hammer" needs to be any Bludgeoning Weapon - make sure it's a Bludgeoning.

As for the ring, maybe it has to be magical? I've never tried a non-magical ring, but a magical ring always seems to work.
As far as I know, any ring works. I always kept a cheap tin ring in my inventory for that chest. And a cheap cudgel. I never wanted to bother with taking the items out again.

You may, however, need to close the chests. I don't recall.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:You may, however, need to close the chests. I don't recall.
I don't think so - in both the Ossuary and Shadowmirk, I always leave the chests open - it makes no difference, they still work. :mrgreen:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Then I'm just an OCD neatness freak in-game. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

One thing to be sure of is that the right items are in the right chests, the plaques above the chests should give some pretty good clues.

I always closed the chests too.
greenman
Initiate

Post by greenman »

I did it several times now, with open and closed chests, but when I step on the plate nothing happens.
I would like to get the third easter egg, because I want to know what happens.
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

I guess now to be really sure it's not a glitch what items specifically do you have in the chests, i.e. what specific bludgeoning weapon in "a smashing victory" what specific ring in "an endless ribbon of metal" an apple in "a womb for a tree" and ash in "consumed by fire"

But to be honest it's sounding more like a glitch at this point. In that case it might be caused by any other number of factors that I can't help with.