Ultima III!

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Ultima III!

Post by Saxon1974 »

For the first time in 25 or so years I finished Ultima III! :lol:

I do have to admit I cheated at the end, I realized that to get to the final battle I was going to have to keep grinding my characters up to max skill levels, and due to the sake of time and that I don't think that would have been fun, I used a cheat to get through the last few battles because I got tired of loading.

Im not going to post the ending as to not spoil it for anyone else, but it is a surprising ending.

HEre are some screens from Castle Death.

First of I got attacked by grass outside the Castle

Entrance of the Castle

Walking on fire

Here we find some clerics that beg you to save them, although I couldn't find a way to do it...

Up next, Ultima IV!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

One word....

Awesome.

Congrats man, I have never finished U3. It's been on my to-do list for years but I could never find the time. Loved your pictorial posts. Thank you for letting us come along on the adventure!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Congratz....you know the only one I have actually beat was ultima 5.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Congratulations, the only one I finished was Ultima 2. I don't suppose my old roommate has my Ultima 1 game saved anymore.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Glad you enjoyed the pictorial posts, It makes playing a game a bit more fun when posting adventures for others to see....

I do feel a tad bad about using a cheat at the end, Im usually dead against cheats because they ruin the game....But in this case I would have had to go down into dungeons I already explored about 10 times to gather gold and make trips back and forth to the shrines until I maxed out my characters to be able to win the final battle. Basically, grinding in areas I already explored....Just dont have time to do that so oh well :)

There were 1 or 2 dungeons I didn't explore once I got all the items I needed to win, so if I would have done those I might have been high enough to finish, but I felt that it was time to move on.

Cool to be able to finish one of the landmark games in the genre.

Started on Ultima IV last night, so I will create a new one of these threads for that one.
tiresius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by tiresius »

That is awesome! Good work! Don't worry about the cheat, sometimes it has to be done and looks like not using it would have ruined the game more than using it.

I don't like to play any games without at least an automap feature, because I'm NOT mapping things out with graph paper like the old days. So for those games I don't mind using printouts of the maps in cheat guides because otherwise I wouldn't play them. Luckily it's just been a few of them so far (BT 1 & 2, M&M 1, etc).
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Ok, you have inspired me to try and beat ultima 6 now:) This is one g ame I have always wanted to finish but never did!

My wife will hate you now:)
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Rune_74 wrote:Ok, you have inspired me to try and beat ultima 6 now:) This is one g ame I have always wanted to finish but never did!

My wife will hate you now:)
Ha! My wife wonders how I can sit in front of a computer as long as I do as well:)

You know I never really finished Ultima III-VI even though I played them all, so Im hoping to...But it will be a while before I get to VI.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

:lol: I've got the opposite problem. My husband can't figure out how I can spend so much time at my computer playing games! Myself and my 38 yr old son are the gamers and my husband is not. Never interested no matter how hard I tried to get him to join in. His lose. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!