Gold Statue in Goblin Citadel (bug ?)

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
narf03
Initiate

Gold Statue in Goblin Citadel (bug ?)

Post by narf03 »

I found a very easy way to get xp
I donno someone did post this b4 but I found its extremely funny so I would like to share

requirement:
good mana/mana potion ready (go hp/mana mode, nothing is going to hit you)
max level element armor spell(able to boost elemental resist over 100%, 75 turns)
high/max level supernova
high/max level invis (duration is 5x level turn)
potion of fortified mana

steps:
remember your current xp
go next to the statue
cast element armor
cast invis
touch the statue (?? times, how many times = your invis level x 5 - 2)
cast invis
touch the status (?? times)
cast element armor
cast invis
cast invis
[keep looping if u like, but i have no idea when will your pc die, just make sure you always have element armor and invis on, and still have >30hp, even 100% resists, fire might sometimes able to burn you]
use mana potion
use fortified mana
cast supernova until all goblin dies
collect xp, clean up items on the ground

each time you touch the statue, few goblins will loaded into the room, even they have no more space to move, they will be multiple in a square, so after like 100 touches, there will be around 400 goblins, killing all of them with multiple half-cost supernova is fun =P
ShadowDragon8685
Initiate

Re: Gold Statue in Goblin Citadel (bug ?)

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

I was just about to post about this.

This is kind of a critical-mass 'cheat'. It's very hard to meet the requirements to be able to pull it off, but once you do meet those requirements, your power grows at an extremely rapid pace - like a reaction of nuclear fission or fusion.

To be clear, you need:
1: Immunity to Curses. (Strictly speaking this is not nessessary, but you're insane if you're not.) The easiest way to do this is by being Athiestic, though it can also be acomplished if you've got legendary willpower through other means.
2: Immunity to Fire. This is simply not optional, get it however you must. Broken enough stats can do it 'natively', or you can kit out for resistance.
3: Effective invisibility. You can do this with an invisibility spell, potion, or simply by having a high enough Hide in Shadows rating that your character is capable of being Hidden even whilst standing in the middle of fire.
4: Very high Arcane: Divination or Arcane: Elemental. Divination is better, giving you Mass Boil which does more damage than Supernova, without hitting objects.

Then it's simply a matter of cherry-tapping the satan statue until you get bored of it (or run out of finite resources if you're doing this by virtue of potions or whatnot), then mana dump your Whole Area Mnogo Nuke. Megatons of goblins die horrible deaths, you get a kilocrapton of XP, and whatever loot they dropped - sometimes very good loot indeed. (Got an Adamantine Greatsword +4 off one of them.)

In retrospect, the statue should probably have an escalating response - IE, curse, Curse + Fire Ring, Curse + Fire + Goblins, Curse + Fire + Taurax, Curse + Fire + Goblin Archers + Taurax, and finally the statue itself comes to life and tries to whoop the tar out of you.
narf03
Initiate

Post by narf03 »

oh btw, i simply just ignore the curse, it seems just stop you from regenerating mana & hp, reduce some of your stats, but it generally do no damage. But as long as you able to keep alive and having enough mana, others are not important.

few different wave of attacks from the statue ? doesnt matter, I still can touch until it's no more, then bloodbath =P

able to gain ~20k xp per try, but cant find the sword you mentioned.
ShadowDragon8685
Initiate

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

It's random - the Adamantine Greatsword +4 was actually a random drop from a goblin hacker earlier in the citadel.

As for being immune to the curse, technically you don't need it, but it's a really good idea to be so.