JRPGs

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Rush
Senior Council Member

JRPGs

Post by Rush »

Anyone been here yet?

http://www.pcjrpg.com/

---Rush.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: JRPGs

Post by CrazyBernie »

The only one that looks interesting is Avarice, and with 3 hours of gameplay... >.<

I've never been a huge fan (ha ha) of fan created "sequels" because its usually a bunch of fanboys that half-ass (ha ha x2, I just used 'half-ass' as a verb) together a game with little depth or story. :shock:
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

CrazyBernie wrote:...a game with little depth or story.
I totally agree, Crazy Bernie.

---Rush.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Speaking of which, I just found out about this one: Persona. Anybody heard of it / played it?
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
quasimodo
Marshall

Post by quasimodo »

I've heard of it. I'm not into JRPGs, but a friend of mine played it and liked it a lot. She's got good taste and not much time for gaming, so its probably a pretty good game.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Well, I've just noticed that the whole Persona series is only available for consoles. Oh, well. That takes care of that.

I played a little bit of Avarice, also . . . not too bad for a RPGMaker game. I'll probably be playing a little more of it. I like the evil-but-maybe-for-a-good-cause girl at the beginning; the fact that she's the protagonist, in the beginning, is a nice change, role-playing-wise. But I found it odd that it then switched protagonists on us and we were suddenly somebody different . . . what's going on here? Unfortunately I haven't figured out what the "story" is, yet, if there is any. There must be a story.

And, before anyone asks: No, I didn't read the game description. I wanted to learn the story from the game itself. I hope I'll find out soon enough.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.