Bugged charm

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Daemian Lucifer
Senior Steward

Bugged charm

Post by Daemian Lucifer »

Charm can work very...odd,if you attack the charmed creature.Ive noticed it once with a black mold,though I wasnt sure hat was going on.With eleanise,however,Im quite sure.She is attacking herself!
Attachments
eb2_screen2.png
eb2_screen2.png (54.28 KiB) Viewed 5827 times
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Bugged charm

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

There are a number of places in the game where a charmed enemy will attack itself. Very funny, I think.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

It sort of reminds me of the Mother Confessors from Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series... 0_o
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Daemian Lucifer wrote:Charm can work very...odd,if you attack the charmed creature.Ive noticed it once with a black mold,though I wasnt sure hat was going on.With eleanise,however,Im quite sure.She is attacking herself!
Yes, I discovered this while beta testing. Funny as all get out. Stupid guard in East Willow just stood there and watched the secretary hit herself over and over. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Daemian Lucifer
Senior Steward

There is more weirdness here.After that screenshot,I went via a teleport and did a couple of days of adventuring.After I came back(again via a teleport),and walked around a bit,I got the message that eleanise is no longer charmed.so,basically,the timer for the spell duration froze when I left the area.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re:

Post by Dragonlady »

Daemian Lucifer wrote:There is more weirdness here.After that screenshot,I went via a teleport and did a couple of days of adventuring.After I came back(again via a teleport),and walked around a bit,I got the message that eleanise is no longer charmed.so,basically,the timer for the spell duration froze when I left the area.
Ah, but was she back to blue or still angry red? If blue, then your charming personality made her forgive you. If red, she apparently has a long memory. I think she is supposed to forget you wronged her.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Daemian Lucifer
Senior Steward

Dragonlady wrote: Ah, but was she back to blue or still angry red? If blue, then your charming personality made her forgive you. If red, she apparently has a long memory. I think she is supposed to forget you wronged her.
No,shes friendly,and I know thats how its supposed to work.Whats weird is the message that she is no longer charmed.It didnt appear when I teleported back to eastwillow,but some time later.Which would indicate that she was still charmed,even though I was in other areas for a few days after Ive charmed her.