Doesn't run on Ubuntu Jaunty 64b bit

Linux support forums for Eschalon: Book II
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Doesn't run on Ubuntu Jaunty 64b bit

Post by xolotl »

obiwan wrote:So, the trick with installing a separate copy of glibc I posted earlier in this thread is not working for you?
Oh, it'd probably work fine, and the directions are clear - I just hate loading non-native glibcs on my system (even if they're from trusted sources). In the end it's probably just me being overly pig-headed about it. :) Since the Windows version works great for me using Cedega, I'm content to just continue using that workaround instead for the time being.
obiwan
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by obiwan »

xolotl wrote: Oh, it'd probably work fine, and the directions are clear - I just hate loading non-native glibcs on my system (even if they're from trusted sources). In the end it's probably just me being overly pig-headed about it. :) Since the Windows version works great for me using Cedega, I'm content to just continue using that workaround instead for the time being.
OK. I just want to point out (to readers of this thread) that "loaded on my system" here means: installed in a user´s dir and only accessed when specifically invoked and not affecting normal system operation at all:)

There is nothing non-native about it. In fact, it would be worse to install book2 as you can bet it uses some internal libs statically wrapped into the binary as well.
I-hate-captchas
Initiate

Post by I-hate-captchas »

I finally upgraded the distro and I must admit that it is much better than I expected :) At least they fixed most things that were bugging me in 9.04 which is cool. And, EB II runs like a charm. One thing I noticed when moving over my windows save game is that some areas got reset, presumably because of the same case sensitivity issue. More loot :twisted: