Eschalon: Book II version 1.04 BETA

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Slammer64
Apprentice

Re: Eschalon: Book II version 1.04 BETA

Post by Slammer64 »

Wooohoooo! A Linux release! Good times fer all! :lol:
Somewhere, just out of sight, the Penguins are gathering!
Elwro
Senior Steward

Post by Elwro »

I just finished the game playing the 1.04a BETA Linux version. Unfortunately, I found a bug I'd consider a serious one! Namely, using the Riposte feat negates the Haste effect. It continues to be displayed on the screen, and you can check how many turns the game says you'll still be hasted, but in fact you're not hasted anymore! Just checked twice to be sure.

I see something like this in the changelog for 1.02; unfortunately, it seems that this bug has crept into the game again.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Macintosh 1.04c BETA has not been posted as well. See top post.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Macintosh 1.04c BETA has not been posted as well. See top post.
I think you mean, "Macintosh 1.04c BETA has now been posted as well." :mrgreen:
Slammer64
Apprentice

Post by Slammer64 »

No picking on BW, he's tired from getting all this lovely goodness ready for us! :lol:
Somewhere, just out of sight, the Penguins are gathering!
Sslaxx
Council Member

Post by Sslaxx »

You can fast travel from the island where you pick up the Cerulescent Bell.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Sslaxx wrote:You can fast travel from the island where you pick up the Cerulescent Bell.
That was discussed long before game release. Even if you left lots of those undead around the idea was that you could hustle down the trapdoor and through Westwillow all the way to wherever.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Change Log for version 1.04c BETA:
* Fixed "Cat's Eyes negates Hidden in Shadow status" bug.
* Removed references to DEX improving Hide in Shadows.
* Made a few more adjustments to the Player's Manual.
I can verify that these are fixed. Yay!! :)
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Change Log for version 1.04a BETA:
* Invisibility duration has been lowered.
May I ask what the reasoning for this was?
And, as someone else pointed out, while the Invisibility spell has been knocked down to multiples of 3-turns, the Invisibility potions still have durations of 10, 20 and 30 turns, which seems inconsistent to me. (Maybe they should be knocked down to 5, 10 and 15 turns?...)
BasiliskWrangler wrote:* Resistance scores now cap out at 99%
I can report that this one appears to be a (1):
BasiliskWrangler wrote:(1) May require a New Game to see changes.
But I just tried testing Resistance scores with an old character, and after casting Level 6 in Element Armor, I still get >100% Elemental Resistance.

I will attempt to re-test the Resistance scores cap with a new character as soon as I can...

Edit:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:* Chronometer now reports correct time.(2)
I have bought a new Chronometer, and can confirm they work now.

However, the little pop-up description box for them is still missing the "Right-Click to use" descriptor (which was present in Book I), so I'm afraid newbies wouldn't even know that you can Right-Click-use a Chronometer. So, if it's not too much trouble, it would be good if the "Right-Click to use" thing could be added to the bottom of the pop-up description box for the Chronometer.
Last edited by IJBall on July 1st, 2010, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

IJBall wrote:
And, as someone else pointed out, while the Invisibility spell has been knocked down to multiples of 3-turns, the Invisibility potions still have durations of 10, 20 and 30 turns, which seems inconsistent to me. (Maybe they should be knocked down to 5, 10 and 15 turns?...)
I've been thinking about this some more, and I rather like it this way. Why shouldn't there be something the alchemists do better than the mages? Of course, being able to buy the level 3 invisibility potions in stores diminishes that a bit... how about just taking the level 3 invisibility potions out of the stores? I think that'd be an excellent improvement, and I'm guessing not so hard to do.
IJBall wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:* Resistance scores now cap out at 99%
I can report that this one appears to be a (1):
BasiliskWrangler wrote:(1) May require a New Game to see changes.
But I just tried testing Resistance scores with an old character, and after casting Level 6 in Element Armor, I still get >100% Elemental Resistance.

I will attempt to re-test the Resistance scores cap with a new character as soon as I can...
I can verify that natural resistances and at least one instance of resistances provided by armor bonuses that I checked are now capped at 99%, even loading up an old saved game.
Elwro
Senior Steward

Post by Elwro »

Elwro wrote:I just finished the game playing the 1.04a BETA Linux version. Unfortunately, I found a bug I'd consider a serious one! Namely, using the Riposte feat negates the Haste effect. It continues to be displayed on the screen, and you can check how many turns the game says you'll still be hasted, but in fact you're not hasted anymore! Just checked twice to be sure.
Could anyone else check this in their free time? Due to the lack of answers I'm wondering whether there's something wrong with me or the game ;-)
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Farwalker wrote:
IJBall wrote:
I've been thinking about this some more, and I rather like it this way. Why shouldn't there be something the alchemists do better than the mages?
I still think the Invisibility potions' effects should be knocked in half.

Hey, Farwalker, would you mind retesting your noise/Hidden effects? - I'm curious to see if your "turn passing with the space bar" still negates Hidden in Shadow...
Elwro wrote:
Elwro wrote:I just finished the game playing the 1.04a BETA Linux version. Unfortunately, I found a bug I'd consider a serious one! Namely, using the Riposte feat negates the Haste effect. It continues to be displayed on the screen, and you can check how many turns the game says you'll still be hasted, but in fact you're not hasted anymore! Just checked twice to be sure.
Could anyone else check this in their free time? Due to the lack of answers I'm wondering whether there's something wrong with me or the game ;-)
Elwro, I'll try to test that within the next 24 hours - I have an old sword-fighting Fighter character, that I think has either Haste potions, or a Haste spell, so I'll see what I can do...
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

IJBall wrote: Hey, Farwalker, would you mind retesting your noise/Hidden effects? - I'm curious to see if your "turn passing with the space bar" still negates Hidden in Shadow...
Yep, checked it - no change on this yet. Trying to wait with spacebar still negates Hidden in Shadow. I'm hoping BW changes it to allow spacebar waiting.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Farwalker wrote:
IJBall wrote: Hey, Farwalker, would you mind retesting your noise/Hidden effects? - I'm curious to see if your "turn passing with the space bar" still negates Hidden in Shadow...
Yep, checked it - no change on this yet. Trying to wait with spacebar still negates Hidden in Shadow. I'm hoping BW changes it to allow spacebar waiting.
You need to send BW your Savefile (or post it up here as an attachment) then - without the Savefile, I doubt there's much BW can do about it...

Edit: You tested this with v1.04c, right?...
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

IJBall wrote:
Farwalker wrote:
You need to send BW your Savefile (or post it up here as an attachment) then - without the Savefile, I doubt there's much BW can do about it...

Edit: You tested this with v1.04c, right?...
Yes, tested in v1.04c.

This one's pretty easy to test...
... but BW if you do need a save file as an example you can use the volley example I sent. Load it up, extinguish the torch, make sure have hidden status (can use an invis potion if necessary, I didn't need it though in my test), shoot a wolf, then hit space. Ta da! Hidden status disappears.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Farwalker wrote:
It was fixed based on IJBall's saved game. Your character may have something different that is negating the effect.

Please send a saved game.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.