Compendium of Locations (MASSIVE SPOILER)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Re: Compendium of Locations (MASSIVE SPOILER)

Post by Farwalker »

Randomizer wrote: Greenriven Lake

Minus House
(8,122) oak chest - mana potion II, hide gloves, detox serum, brimstone, stinkroot, willow bark
These gloves scale according to player level. At level 16 I was able to pick up spun admantium or ancient dragon skin.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Farwalker wrote:
Randomizer wrote: Greenriven Lake

Minus House
(8,122) oak chest - mana potion II, hide gloves, detox serum, brimstone, stinkroot, willow bark
These gloves scale according to player level. At level 16 I was able to pick up spun admantium or ancient dragon skin.
Those types are really hard to spot until you play through the game several times and hold off on looting. Thanks.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Randomizer wrote: Western Kessian Basin
Windy Plains Burial Ground
(48,124) open coffin - Random armor, random coif, random boots, femur, skull
Here's another one that increases in material quality depending on what level you are when you open it.
I'm not sure if you can get a different kind of armor than studded vest - I'm playing hard core at the moment and for my game it seems to always be a studded vest, chain coif and boots. All three of these increase in quality with the level at which they are found.
(These were lighter/lower grade boots in my game by the way, but at ancient dragon skin they give armor 6 weight 4. To compare, I've seen dragon skin and spun admantium boots in shops with armor 7, weight 5.4 / 5.7 lbs - an ancient dragon skin quality of that kind of boot would likely be armor 8 and a bit heavier than 5.7 lbs.)
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Randomizer wrote: Port Kuudad
The Mighty Hammer Ironworks

(53,122) weapon rack - Random short sword
(52,123) weapon rack - Random hammer
Verified some more - the hammer and short sword increase in quality depending on your level when you check the rack, up to divine ore.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Farwalker wrote:
Randomizer wrote: Port Kuudad
The Mighty Hammer Ironworks

(53,122) weapon rack - Random short sword
(52,123) weapon rack - Random hammer
Verified some more - the hammer and short sword increase in quality depending on your level when you check the rack, up to divine ore.
I played that area using a character where I could reload and found that for the same character the items quality would change. It was the same in Cape Sorrow. There may be some adjustment for character level.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Randomizer wrote: I played that area using a character where I could reload and found that for the same character the items quality would change. It was the same in Cape Sorrow. There may be some adjustment for character level.
Yes I've found that there is some randomness to all these, although it does scale with level as well. (By the way, this is true even if you are playing a fixed seed game, so save before opening...)
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Randomizer wrote: Cape Sorrow
Necromancer's mecca
(91,155) chest - random machete, random knife
Aha, verified another couple - this machete and knife also change material quality with level found at.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Randomizer wrote:Road to Talushorn

Eastern Slyphwood Forest
Typo!

It's "Sylphwood Forest", not "Slyphwood".
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I played around with some characters at the same level looting chests where the items increase with character level and it seems there is also a random component of about a quality level in addition to the scaling with level. I opened the Windy Plains coffin and got dragon hide boots and then ancient dragon hide boots at level 14.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Farwalker wrote:
Yes I've found that there is some randomness to all these, although it does scale with level as well. (By the way, this is true even if you are playing a fixed seed game, so save before opening...)
Well, the description for the fixed seed option is "consistent results," not "identical results." I've noticed variations in the loot available when I reloaded just for fun, but it's never been enough to make any real difference.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Yes, I agree. You get some variation in amounts of gold, number of arrows, etc as well, but that's no big deal. These scaling quality items are the only ones I'd tend to recheck - but once your level is high enough they all max out in quality anyway.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Randomizer wrote: The Convent's Well
(54,162) body - sandal and cloak (increases with character level) - chance of disease
Bit of extra detail, it's a light cloak.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

The chip in the farrock caves at 20,163 does not exist. It's open space. I'm standing there right now.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Randomizer wrote:Mistfell

Ironpool Dam, Lower Level
(9,90) oblation urn - random spiked mace (may increase with level) - releases dwarven spirit
Confirmed - this mace does scale with level. I got an 8-damage divine ore mace at level 20.

Some what off-topic, but these scaling items seem to have some bugs. I'm going around and picking up scaling items at the end of the game before I enter Talushorn, and these things are way undervalued. For example, the knife in the food cart in the well under Eastwillow - Divine Ore, 6 base damage, but worth only 20.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:Some what off-topic, but these scaling items seem to have some bugs. I'm going around and picking up scaling items at the end of the game before I enter Talushorn, and these things are way undervalued. For example, the knife in the food cart in the well under Eastwillow - Divine Ore, 6 base damage, but worth only 20.
Yep - it's been brought up in the 'Needed Bug Fixes for v1.05' thread.

Nonetheless, you're example is a good one, and I'm going to add your citation to the list! :)