Issues with Demo program

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Brent
Pledge

Issues with Demo program

Post by Brent »

I am seeing three issues, all of which are keeping me from getting the full program.

One is an issue with the graphics "flashing" and when some of the ground cover is white colored "home plate" shaped areas all over the ground.

Another is the sounds dropping out during game play. I am running Bose Companion 5 speaker system on my iMac for all of my audio. The game always starts out fine, and eventually goes silent,

And finally I have had the game completely freeze on me, and cause the iMac to freeze so bad that I had to perform a forced power off just to get my system back.

I will be glad to help anyway I can to get these resolved.

I am running demo 1.06
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Issues with Demo program

Post by Vroqren »

I have only experienced the first one mentioned, on my Mac. I simply ignored it, though I would very much like to have a solution to things. (Even if I don't play the demo any more, it's nice to know why.)

My suggestion - Buy the full version of Book I anyway. It's exceptional! You'll love it, and I never experienced a single problem in the full version, as bugs are usually sorted out from demo to Full Version. Whatever you decide to do, don't just drop the series. If you have to, go through it with the bugs, because it is more worth it than you know.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Brent
Pledge

Post by Brent »

Vroqren wrote:I have only experienced the first one mentioned, on my Mac. I simply ignored it, though I would very much like to have a solution to things. (Even if I don't play the demo any more, it's nice to know why.)

My suggestion - Buy the full version of Book I anyway. It's exceptional! You'll love it, and I never experienced a single problem in the full version, as bugs are usually sorted out from demo to Full Version. Whatever you decide to do, don't just drop the series. If you have to, go through it with the bugs, because it is more worth it than you know.
Sorry, but I have a little bit of difficulty buying a program when the graphics in the demo fail like this.......
Screen shot 2011-05-20 at 1.18.39 AM.jpg
Screen shot 2011-05-20 at 1.18.39 AM.jpg (159.76 KiB) Viewed 12080 times
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

1) Ensure you have the latest updates.
2) Reboot your computer.

Try the game after a fresh reboot.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.