Purchasing Property/Other Ideas

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Re3st1mat3d
Initiate

Purchasing Property/Other Ideas

Post by Re3st1mat3d »

I may be a bit new to this series, but I can tell you that after playing the first one for a bit and almost beating the second one I haven't seen any property (ie. House, Shop, Vacant Plot, etc...) for sale. I know you have a house at the start of the game that you can use. Also if you can buy property in the first and/or second game please tell me where.

If in the third game you could buy property like a shop that is for sale and then fix it up or what-ever that would be pretty awesome.

Along with the shop maybe for the house you could purchase a plot of land inside the town to use for building your house then add extensions onto it (like maybe a well, upstairs, basement, shed, another room,etc...).

Also maybe (this might be a bit of a stretch) make some of your actions effect the economy of the town (like if the town has a church and you take money from the treasury then the church falls a little out of repair, or if you rob a shop, then that shop doesn't have as much inventory as they normally would, and the opposite of that is if you help the shop owner with quests, they will have more inventory to choose from. (Like I said, a bit of a stretch.)) Just a couple of things that I think would be cool to see in an already epic game.

[Edit: Another thing that would be awesome is making your own weapons. I've seen a lot of iron bars, gold bars, bronze bars, etc.... Again I don't know if this is already in the game. I know there is an enhancing thing that you can do through alchemy (or so I've been told (I'm not good enough at alchemy to know for sure)).

Also along with the crafting of weapons maybe have a way to mine, woodcut for the materials to use in the making of these items.]

Looking forward to number III

P.S. Sorry if this has already been posted, I did a search for Purchasing Property in the forum search and didn't find anything, but you never know.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Re3st1mat3d on August 26th, 2011, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is top Notch. hehe
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Purchasing Property

Post by Vroqren »

An interesting idea. I think it would be cool to be able to own property. I think that building stuff is a bit of a stretch, but maybe. I also like the idea of stealing from shops, or pickpocketing people :twisted:.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Purchasing Property/Other Ideas

Post by Dragonlady »

In game two, you have a house with lots of places to put objects you might need later. In book one you have to make do with other peoples rooms or stash stuff in barrels here and there.

In book 3 it would be nice, but remember we end up in our birthday suits and it takes a long time to find a job/get money enough to buy or rent a house. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Re3st1mat3d
Initiate

Post by Re3st1mat3d »

Dragonlady wrote:In game two, you have a house with lots of places to put objects you might need later. In book one you have to make do with other peoples rooms or stash stuff in barrels here and there.
I had a hunch the only place you can store stuff was at the beginning house, and I had never really gotten into the first game. I downloaded the demo on Steam and ended up getting the second one instead. (even though it was $5 more)
This is top Notch. hehe
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Re3st1mat3d wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:In game two, you have a house with lots of places to put objects you might need later. In book one you have to make do with other peoples rooms or stash stuff in barrels here and there.
I had a hunch the only place you can store stuff was at the beginning house, and I had never really gotten into the first game. I downloaded the demo on Steam and ended up getting the second one instead. (even though it was $5 more)
You can store things in any barrel anywhere and nobody will mind. Nobody steals things from barrels except you. ;-)

Also, in Book II with the Foraging skill you can create stashes almost anywhere you can rest for a few hours.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Re3st1mat3d
Initiate

Post by Re3st1mat3d »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Also, in Book II with the Foraging skill you can create stashes almost anywhere you can rest for a few hours.
Yes, but wouldn't you rather have a house?
Also that's a good Idea, I never thought of doing that. lol
This is top Notch. hehe