Question abouut Stinger

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
komandos
Pledge

Question abouut Stinger

Post by komandos »

I wanted to ask about the hive queen's sting, it's a dagger, and it is described as "poisoned" but i didn't notice my enemies being poisoned when i use it in fight.. so... Why is it called poisoned?
Effidian
Steward

Post by Effidian »

I have the same question. I have never seen anything to indicate that the "poisoned" weapon does anything special. I used that stinger for quite awhile. Anyone know?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Someone else pointed that out. It did work (i.e. poison enemies) at one time, but that might have gotten broken at some point because it doesn't seem to work anymore! :?

We'll try to get it working in the next patch. Anyways, sorry for the confusion.
nonameform
Apprentice

Post by nonameform »

Really bad : (

It's my primary weapon.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Just replace it with a better short bladed weapon then; that shouldn't be too hard to find.

Or, if you are an Alchemist, imbue it and make it better!

Or, if you are a caster, get the Enkindled and/or Enchanted Weapon spell(s). Or, cast Poison Spray on your target before fighting, it would give the same effect.

There's no reason you should feel stuck with it.
nonameform
Apprentice

Post by nonameform »

It's the third short bladed weapon I've seen thus far. The first two has base damage of 1. Oh well, I still haven't seen much in the game.