RPG's for MAC

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: RPG's for MAC

Post by Painted Lady »

BadYeti wrote: ...Here's a screenshot of the Games folder on my MacBook....
-- snip --

How do you get such files view in OSX?
I've been wondering the same thing. It looks like the iBook bookcase on my iPad!

Slight change of subject - they have released Battle of Wesnoth on the iPad for $.99. I bought it, but haven't played it yet because I'm waiting for Book II for Mac to come out tomorrow. Anyway, what do you all think of Wesnoth - is it worth getting into at some point?
Riggon
Apprentice

Post by Riggon »

Painted Lady wrote: Anyway, what do you all think of Wesnoth - is it worth getting into at some point?
Do you mean is it worth playing or worth joining the community/project? As far as playing goes Wesnoth is awesome, not only because it's a fun game to play, but also because there is a constant stream of new user-content available for free, ensuring you'll always have something new to play. On the iPad/iPod versions, a new add-on is released every month. On the desktop version, new add-ons appear on the add-on server every week. And you can even create your own add-ons by learning a simple markup language that even a programming-illiterate like myself can stumble through without too much headache.

If you're talking about the community/project, Wesnoth is great. I've been a member since December of last year, and the project has moved forward vastly just in that amount of time. The community in general is a good one, too.

It's probably at least worth checking out. :)
Nothing is something, because it is the state of the absence of everything, as well as being a word in the english language and an idea formulated by mankind to attempt to describe the conception of the lack of everything.
Palog
Marshall

Post by Palog »

About Battle of Wesnoth, when I saw the post I search through the net and found a free version on OSX, get it and installed it and tried the tutorial. Looks like a Tactical RPG well polished. I wonder why it isn't free on ipad. Painted Lady got it for 1$ but now I'm checking the istore I see it at 5 time this price, ie 4$... What a garbage. But I also check the iphone games and then the price is 0.8€, I suppose Painted Lady got in fact the iphone version (I did too for few iphone game on the ipad and graphically the result is rather amazing but controls don't fit fully the ipad if that's action game). But really the different prices, 0$, 1$ and 4$ are rather chocking. Any explanation?
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Palog wrote:0.8€
Strange that this has never come to mind before, but . . . what exactly is the fractional denomination for a Euro? Is an eighth of a Euro, for example, really called a .125 Euro?

I suppose I could wiki it, but . . . more fun to ask. Plus, it spreads the info around.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
midnyte13
Pledge

Post by midnyte13 »

BAD YETI...how did you do that? with all those games.....i thougt boxer was only for old dos games....i use it for XCOM. i sure would like to get those games in my collection

a lil help?
The Harpo Marxist
Apprentice

Post by The Harpo Marxist »

I'm totally bumping this. Also interested, BadYeti, on how you did that. I'd love to have that bookshelf in my laptop.