Attributes, Skills & Stats

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Attributes, Skills & Stats

Post by Evnissyen »

So, looking at the numbers… I’m not sure what to make of them. As far as attributes increasing your hit/armor stats & your resistances. Is there a sheet that explains the calculations?

I won’t bore anyone with the numbers. I found them kind of confusing. I’m not sure what use they’d be, anyhow.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Attributes, Skills & Stats

Post by Randomizer »

This still holds for attributes:

http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... rty#p25991

Weapon skills now give less (from the instructions):

Here's an example- let's look at Grog the Barbarian, who is training in Cleaving Weapons (an axe is his favorite way to dispatch a foe). From levels 1-5 in the Cleaving Weapons skill, he will see his damage and ToHit scores rise nearly every time he puts a point in Cleaving Weapons. Between skill levels 6-15, he might only see his damage and ToHit scores improve every-other skill point. Between 15-25 it will drop to every third point, then every fourth point. By the time he reaches skill level 30 (and above) in Cleaving Weapons, he may only see his damage and ToHit scores improve every fifth skill level. This is because as he masters the skill of Cleaving Weapons, he has to work harder and harder to see personal improvements.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Randomizer wrote:Weapon skills now give less (from the instructions):

Here's an example- let's look at Grog the Barbarian, who is training in Cleaving Weapons (an axe is his favorite way to dispatch a foe). From levels 1-5 in the Cleaving Weapons skill, he will see his damage and ToHit scores rise nearly every time he puts a point in Cleaving Weapons. Between skill levels 6-15, he might only see his damage and ToHit scores improve every-other skill point. Between 15-25 it will drop to every third point, then every fourth point. By the time he reaches skill level 30 (and above) in Cleaving Weapons, he may only see his damage and ToHit scores improve every fifth skill level. This is because as he masters the skill of Cleaving Weapons, he has to work harder and harder to see personal improvements.
Does the 'Feats' recharge rate still 'max out' at Level 33 in a weapons Skill (as it did in Book II), or is the number different in Book III?

TIA.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I didn't check the number for feats, but that seems about right.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Well, thanks, Randomizer... and of course Slarty for the script. That does help. The numbers I noticed seemed to be sometimes consistent and other times not so consistent, I didn't know what to make of them... though, honestly, that was last night. Today I was starting to make more sense of them but still had some questions about slight & random inconsistencies that I had a hard time accepting as inconsistencies. (Which is to say... I'd be inclined to assume that there'd be no inconsistency in BW's calculations... that'd be really surprising. :shock: )

And I seem to have missed that part, in the Player's Manual, that you quoted afterward. Hum..
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

My mistake, I rechecked that feats max out at 42 weapon skill levels with every 3rd round.