Book III Mod: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine

A forum for discussing all things regarding modding of Eschalon: Book III
ikbenrichard
Initiate

Re: Book III Mod: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine

Post by ikbenrichard »

Can some one help me? What to do with the strange machines with glass? There next to doors which i cannot seem to get open.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

You need to find the Orakur's Hand that lies in the Lost City's west part.
ikbenrichard
Initiate

Post by ikbenrichard »

thank you Randomizer.
GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

MyGameCompany,

Don't know if this is a bug, but I did the mine and the Lost City. At some point I made a Portal to the City. In the next go round = a fresh copy of MRHM, I used the portal to get into the city. Did my thing, decided to loot the L3 mine. Got to the mine map, used Supernova to open the gates, and took a few steps --- the game crashed.

I gusss backdoor looting isn't a good idea ... :)

Thanks for the nifty toys ...
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Sounds like a bug of some kind, but not one that most people would encounter normally. Resetting a map after you've visited it usually isn't a good idea - weird things might happen.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Weird Heather
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Weird Heather »

I have finally been able to explore this mod in detail. It is an excellent addition to the game, and it seems to be well balanced, although it is, of course, fairly easy for a powerful character. I played it with a divination-focused mage who also has some skill at elemental, alchemy, and bludgeoning weapons. At first, I went in when the character was at about level 6, and I was able to get through parts of it with great care. Later, I returned when the character was at about level 14 and had retrieved loot from my alchemist's tower mod, and it was a lot easier at that stage, as would be expected.

EDIT: I just found one little problem.
[+] SPOILER
If you leave the lost city by way of the emergency exit and then try to return to the laboratory area, the door to the airlock is closed and you can't get back in. Unless I am missing something, I don't see another way to open the door to the airlock. Perhaps you should either add a switch outside it or put in a window so that the lever can be hit with a projectile. If this is fixed in Version 1.02, you can disregard this comment.
Aside from this, I found no bugs that haven't already been mentioned (I installed it before Version 1.02 came out, so I found the bugs with 1.01 that others had noted). For a mod of this size and complexity to have so few bugs is impressive.

Great work. I can't think of any other problems with this mod or any changes that I would suggest.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Thanks for the feedback, and for pointing out that glitch in my level design that I overlooked.
[+] SPOILER
I'm not sure it's necessarily a bad thing - like Fathamurk in Book II, taking the exit is a one-way trip with no return. I hadn't planned on that, but I guess it isn't necessarily a bug. I'll have to decide whether I want to leave it that way or not.
Troy
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Gnarlitch
Initiate

Post by Gnarlitch »

love the mod but there is one special item, a widget, that I can't seem to find a purpose for. Does it have one, and if so........HINT PLEASE! :roll:
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

[+] SPOILER
The widget is needed to open the door to the labs.

I'll need to double-check, but maybe I forgot to remove it from the player's inventory when it gets used.
Troy
shylo32
Apprentice

Post by shylo32 »

MyGameCompany wrote:Thanks for the feedback, and for pointing out that glitch in my level design that I overlooked.
[+] SPOILER
I'm not sure it's necessarily a bad thing - like Fathamurk in Book II, taking the exit is a one-way trip with no return. I hadn't planned on that, but I guess it isn't necessarily a bug. I'll have to decide whether I want to leave it that way or not.
Did you leave this in? Asking only cause my other half is playing this mod...he got there while I was doing the other one...lol...he's beating on the golem and is wondering if he can get back in if he goes out.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

shylo32 wrote:Did you leave this in? Asking only cause my other half is playing this mod...he got there while I was doing the other one...lol...he's beating on the golem and is wondering if he can get back in if he goes out.
Yes, I left it in.
Troy
shylo32
Apprentice

Post by shylo32 »

MyGameCompany wrote:
shylo32 wrote:Did you leave this in? Asking only cause my other half is playing this mod...he got there while I was doing the other one...lol...he's beating on the golem and is wondering if he can get back in if he goes out.
Yes, I left it in.
Ok, ty for the quick reply.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Still wandering this mod. I was a bit lost what to do next for a while, but I think I have it figured out now. Reading through all of these comments, the one about the crash reminds me that I had a crash at one point when I accidentally stepped on one of the trapped spaces in the hall where the electrical fields were.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
leonxim
Apprentice

Post by leonxim »

Thank you very much for this Mod. it has been well created and is exceptionally good. usually i do not prefer installing mods but this one really changed my thoughts about mods :)
Little brightness is needed if possible. i used Portal close to lever near Golem entrance to re enter Lost City.

i need code of Goth Vadjk Tomb.
[+] SPOILER
Tried a hint from the book shelve in the Library but couldn't figure it out.
im not very good in math :lol:

Thanks & waiting :wink:
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

leonxim wrote:i need code of Goth Vadjk Tomb.
[+] SPOILER
Tried a hint from the book shelve in the Library but couldn't figure it out.
im not very good in math :lol:
This one's a little bit more straightforward.
[+] SPOILER
There's no math involved
[+] SPOILER
The number you need is, indeed, written in a book in the library
[+] SPOILER
The date of the founding of Volcania might have been important to Mr. Vadjk...